Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRAXXION DYNAMICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: TRAXXION DYNAMICS

ok...you got 4 players here...where's the beef bro

Old 04-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I do a group buy...I do not see a thread for that purpose on this forum.

I have the deal worked out for whoever wants to do this, but need a way to post so everyone can see it. Are newbies to the forum not allowed to post Group Buys?

[IMG]local://upfiles/28783/AF9315C0224D4BF8BD25B9112AEDD4CE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

pm Terry1955 ... he'll do it for you

Old 04-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser

PM sent to Terry...my name is Terry as well, by the way.

Here's a more in depth report on the front suspension, pasted from myself and another member's thread on another forum:

On my own the reactions were as follows:

I did not realize how much diving I was still getting until it suddenly and completely wasn't doing it anymore. As many of us had discussed here before I'd loaded the nose up with the heavy fork oil to eliminate the bad diving and bottoming out we all tended to experience. What I've now realized is that I made it harder and not firmer. Some of the diving was certainly eliminated. And it made the bike manageable. It did not make the bike like this.

No longer are bumps, ridges, ruts, curbs or the random bit of road kill felt and transmitted suddenly and harshly back through the bars to arms and shoulders. It's not hard or harsh anymore. It's now completely solid in the front but firm and conforming to the road envirionment experienced. It's a sudden and night and day improvement.

Not only does the lack of dive make a difference in any riding condition you'd expect it makes a difference at low speed. The nose no longer wants to lean as much as you lean over going slow. So tight radius low speed turns or u-turns are easier too. That was unexpected and noticed immediately also.

The biggest surprise noticed so far, however, is that I had absolutely no clue how much or how often the front wheel was off the ground until it suddenly wasn't anymore. We're getting a LOT of wheel hop. But it's always been there. We're used to it. It's just part of the package. Not anymore....

That makes a HUGE difference.

The wheel now conforms to whatever the surface is rather than hopping through it. Along with the amazingly increased damping effect (actually guess that's two sides of the same coin) this makes for not just a much better handling bike in the twisty roads. It makes for a much better handling bike, and a bike that's much more pleasant to ride, barreling straight down the interstate.

There really is nothing bad to say about this job. The shop where the work is done is a playground for visitors. They welcome you to hang around, watch, see the place. The folks are just pleasant; they're friendly. They like to talk shop and are willing to put up with us attempting to do so. And it's a nice clean, well done, effective shop. A place no one should worry about taking their bike or their parts.

Then mine:

First, I did not know my 06 forks had emulators, as I'd never had a reason to look at the exploded diagram to see what was in there. So we now now that the 06 and 07 models (at least the SEUC's) have an emulator. I would assume the other FL models do as well, but haven't a clue about the "regular" bikes, or non CVO models. As Don mentioned, the guys at the shop are very friendly, glad to show you around, and let you wander in and out wherever you want. They have a lot of nice machine equipment in a relatively small space dedicated to that task. Then a small shipping area, "admin" office space, and the shop area with two lifts to do the bikes brought in. They manufacture all components in the cartridge system, and got to see some of how that is done. Basically, the tech removes the forks, hands them off to the guy in the room where they take everything apart and put the new stuff in. That shop is clean as well, and set up nicely to do this work. They are very careful with your forks. Mine took about 6 hours from start to finish.

Impressions: The difference is felt the moment you throw your leg over the bike...the normal "settling" you get when getting the bike off the kickstand is simply gone. Slow speed maneuvering is so much i

Old 04-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very interesting read.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:14 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Terry
First let me say thanks for making this group buy possible...
2nd thing is I posted a question for you guys at the end of the Traxxion Dynamics thread and was hoping you or one of the other members might be able to shine alittle light on it for me...
Thanks

Old 04-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned

so whats the deal

Old 04-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: TexasBowhunter

Terry
First let me say thanks for making this group buy possible...
2nd thing is I posted a question for you guys at the end of the Traxxion Dynamics thread and was hoping you or one of the other members might be able to shine alittle light on it for me...
Thanks
Paul....don't seem to be able to get anyone here to tell me where to post a group buy on this forum.

On the other questions you posed, I'm going to let Max from TD answer those...I have an idea of what I'm going to do, but don't want to answer for them.

Terry

Old 04-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser

I have posted the group discount information in the Tires/wheels/suspension topic, if you are interested. Can someone tell me how to at least get the thread always on top?

Thanks

Terry

Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 PM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only people that can make a sticky so it stays at the top are the administrators.

Quick Reply: TRAXXION DYNAMICS