Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRAXXION DYNAMICS

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:46 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: TRAXXION DYNAMICS

I was quite disappointed with the ride quality of my FLHT. I was looking forward to doing a Race-Tech upgrade until I found that HD decided to go with a more efficient (read cheaper) single cartridge design. Seems the only other option short of the Traxxion upgrade is to get a set of RK forks and install them with the Race-Tech upgrade. The RK still has a cartridge in BOTH legs. That is, at least, the last time hadI looked into this ....

Old 01-14-2007, 03:59 PM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well from what I've been reading the only bikes with any cartridge at all (only in the left fork) are 02-05 baggers with fairings. The Road Kings and all baggers from 06 have damper tube's and springs installed.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:32 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Oooops, I may have the cartridge/non-cartridge thing backwards. Non-faired bikes could be upgraded with Race-Tech, Glides could not due to the split application of the cartridge....

Old 04-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode to Atlanta and had the AK-20 cartridges installed on my SE Ultra two weeks ago. The difference in the bike is absolutely NIGHT AND DAY. In ways you would never expect...I had no idea how much my front tire was off the pavement on rough surfaces until it's just NOT anymore. The difference you feel is immediate...just throw your leg over the bike and get it off the stand...huge difference. The way the bike handles at both low and high speeds is as solid as a rock...not like the 68 Buick suspension we're accustomed to our bikes. It's not just firmer either, simply more responsive to every small road surface imperfection. The fairing wobble is much improved when passing large square trucks...the tail ain't wagging the dog anymore. Correcting your line in a curve is no longer a problem, but you do have to learn new lines, as the bike feels totally different, but all in a good way. After a few curves, you've got the new line down. I intentionally went too deep and corrected...no problem, as the front end responds instantly to new input. No more high speed sweeper "wallowing".

This suspension is the best money I've spent on my bike, bar none....I just wish I'd known about it sooner.

I have a group discount going on another forum...if anyone is interested in getting one going here, I'll help set it up. I'm new here, but not to HD...just over on the CVO forum.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:04 PM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of price are we looking at?

ORIGINAL: Blueslover

I rode to Atlanta and had the AK-20 cartridges installed on my SE Ultra two weeks ago. The difference in the bike is absolutely NIGHT AND DAY. In ways you would never expect...I had no idea how much my front tire was off the pavement on rough surfaces until it's just NOT anymore. The difference you feel is immediate...just throw your leg over the bike and get it off the stand...huge difference. The way the bike handles at both low and high speeds is as solid as a rock...not like the 68 Buick suspension we're accustomed to our bikes. It's not just firmer either, simply more responsive to every small road surface imperfection. The fairing wobble is much improved when passing large square trucks...the tail ain't wagging the dog anymore. Correcting your line in a curve is no longer a problem, but you do have to learn new lines, as the bike feels totally different, but all in a good way. After a few curves, you've got the new line down. I intentionally went too deep and corrected...no problem, as the front end responds instantly to new input. No more high speed sweeper "wallowing".

This suspension is the best money I've spent on my bike, bar none....I just wish I'd known about it sooner.

I have a group discount going on another forum...if anyone is interested in getting one going here, I'll help set it up. I'm new here, but not to HD...just over on the CVO forum.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yep..how big a discount

Old 04-05-2007, 10:37 PM
gordo24fan
Tourer

I'd be interested if the price is right.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:03 AM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

If the price is right I 2 would be interested...

Old 04-06-2007, 11:18 AM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Blueslover what did they charge you for everything? I'm thinking of going down in may.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Blueslover
Cruiser

Let me talk to the owner and see if I can arrange the same deal I arranged for my other forum group.

It is not a great deal of money saved, but is enough to make a difference.

Help me out here...is there a place on this forum to post group buys and get them "stickied" so they are on top of that board?

FYI: I am in no way connected to Traxxion Dynamics. Me and another member of the CVO forum "discovered" them and decided to have the work done, regardless of the discount. I was able to save us a couple of hundred dollars off the stuff required to install them into our forks. We are both so blown away with the improvement that I am just trying to get the word out to other brothers and sisters about this product. Not only is it beneficial in handling, but because the front end no longer dives/bottoms out when you are hard on the front brakes (panic stops), it is a safety improvement as well.

You have never felt anything like this unless you have ridden race tuned suspension!!

Quick Reply: TRAXXION DYNAMICS