Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When should I replace my drive belt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:18 PM
oneballz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone say gunbelt?

Old 07-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Reaper22
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Guntoter
Last week I was with some guys, all of us on our bikes, and as we were passing one of the worst public housing projects in the city one of the bike busted a belt. This was about 9pm on a hot humid night in front of a place notorious for drugs, shootings, fights, murder, cats and dogs having sex and all around mayhem. It also happens to be on a major road running through the city so its inevitable to ride by it to get to the best biker bar with the bike night that was going on. We sat across from this place an hour waiting for this guys other buddy to come with his truck and trailer. But before he did a drunk came by and started talking with one of the other bikers (9 of us all together) who got the drunk to go bring some beer for him. Then the next thing I know another guy and one of the women who were along come running over to the rest of us saying this drunk had a gun under his shirt and we needed to get the hell out of there. Fortunately the trailer showed up shortly thereafter, we loaded up and scooted the out of there like we were headed someplace with free beer and women.

Moral of the story, don't have a belt break!
Yeah your screw'd, Only ones allowed to pack guns in Il. are criminals, Here in Missouri I would have been ready... Fire Quinn and get someone that will pass your conceal carry....

Old 07-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Fishrrman
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Some years ago, my FXRS picked up a small rock in the middle of the belt. Mileage was around 30,000+. When I traded the bike last August, the mileage was 99,700 and it still had the same belt, hole and all.

When I traded my 2000 Road Glide last August, it had 136,000 and the original belt.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Expat1
Road Master
Location: Annemasse (border of Geneva-Switzerland) facing Mt-Blanc.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a brand new belt from a company that builds Trikes from stock bikes. I may never need it but for half the US price I can envisage better preventive maintenance. Just for info, the belt sells for 350 Euros over here.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:00 AM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Guntoter
Last week I was with some guys, all of us on our bikes, and as we were passing one of the worst public housing projects in the city one of the bike busted a belt. This was about 9pm on a hot humid night in front of a place notorious for drugs, shootings, fights, murder, cats and dogs having sex and all around mayhem.
Moral of the story, don't have a belt break!

I would like to see the proof that this really happened.
Cats having sex with dogs???

Old 07-03-2012, 06:59 AM
soniccbr
Tourer
Veteran: Navy
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Naturally when the belt on my GF's sporty broke, I was a 1000 miles away. Dry rotted to hell. My fault for not catching it when I changed the tire, but my buddies got her home and fixed the belt, and I will be changing the belt on my EG when I get home.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:41 PM
tekeum
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys I won't worry any more just check it when ever I clean the bike. I wish I could carry a gun but I live in IL sucks!!