Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:26 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Alarm question

I installed a alarm that was a Christmas gift and I have it all programed to work, now I saw that I have to marry it to the bike. My question is do I have to take it to the dealer to have this done on there computer. I saw in the do it yourself section a post on how to marry it to the bike but step 1 refers you to a section 3.3 vehicle delivery
Clap

Old 01-13-2007, 02:29 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Alarm question

I feel safe in saying,,"we are all married to our bikes"!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 02:41 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed the MOCOsiren a few weeks ago on my EG without any issues and works like a charm. I don't have the manual or instructions in front of me but will look later. Are you talking that you installed a complete Alarm system or added the Siren to the factory system?

Old 01-13-2007, 02:46 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: clap

I installed a alarm that was a Christmas gift and I have it all programed to work, now I saw that I have to marry it to the bike. My question is do I have to take it to the dealer to have this done on there computer. I saw in the do it yourself section a post on how to marry it to the bike but step 1 refers you to a section 3.3 vehicle delivery
Clap
Is this alarm an H-D unit? Where did you see that you have to marry it to the bike? If you got it all programmed to work, what is your problem?

I did look at my Smart Siren II kit instructions and it says nothing about "marrying" it to the bike. It's good to go jast as it is.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:58 PM
coyotedata
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it the pager alarm? If, so, you do have to marry them together.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:09 PM
clap
Road Master

clap

Old 01-13-2007, 03:13 PM
clap
Road Master

Yes it is the HD alarm system with the Smart System II.and yes I installed the complet system,The TSSM and the smart system II siren and pager. The serviceman at my dealer said since I changed the module9TSSM) under the seat on my Glide it has to be put on there computer and married to the bike or it will not run. I just want to know if this can be done without the dealers involvment ($50)
Clap

Old 01-13-2007, 03:28 PM
310Pilot
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

" ... installed the complet system,The TSSM and the smart system II siren and pager."

Yes, you need to get the bike to the dealer to "marry" the new TSSM to the ECM, or the bike won't run. Apparently, it can only be done by using Harley's proprietary computer software/linkage. If you already had the TSSM module (security system) and installed the Smart System II siren and the pager, you could get it set up by yourself; however, the new TSSM won't "talk" to the bike's ECM until they have been "properly introduced," which only the dealer can do. Unfortunately, looks like your scoot is going to have to go for a trailer ride to the dealer, or you will have to take out the new TSSM, etc., put the old one back in, ride it to the dealer, and let them install the new TSSM and set it up (you can do the SSII and pager yourself after that is completed).

Old 01-13-2007, 03:45 PM
clap
Road Master

I was affraid of that. I talked to the service manager at my dealer and I said about putting in the old module and he told me since I removed it the bike still won't run.if I put the old one back in So I guess I have to find a trailer somewhere to haul it over to the dealer (50 miles)
Clap

Old 01-13-2007, 05:05 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Clap...that really bites. MOCO really knows how to stick it to us. Buy this item but oh yes thats not all. Gotta take it to the Stealler to get ripped some more.

Quick Reply: Alarm question