Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 05:10 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alarm question

OK - I am confused. '05 Ultra.

I had the Moco alarm system (silent one) installed at delivery - you know the one where the lights blink if the bike moves or someone messes with the ignition. All factory stuff.

I plan to buy the following audible alarm with pager - system II (see below).

Isn't that a DIY deal???
Do Ineed the stealer involved to do this on an '05 Ultra?????

And someone aboved mentionedECM programming - so that means disconnecting my PCIII too???

THANKSIN ADVANCE Just a little confused - thought it was a no brainer. Dave H.

Harley-Davidson® Security System Smart Siren II

Security and convenience in one. The Harley-Davidson® Smart Siren II combines the functionality of the smart siren and pager transmitter into one easy-to-install unit. Featuring a built in back-up power supply, the siren and transmitter functions will continue to operate even if the wires are cut or the vehicle battery is disconnected. When combined with the Pager Receiver II (sold separately), the integrated FM transmitter can warn of tampering up to 1/2 mile away. Smart Siren II features an enhanced sound chamber, a redesigned internal battery access cover, and ultra low power consumption during the standby mode. When activated, the Security System Fob arm and disarm commands are confirmed with a chirp feature. Smart Siren II is certified for use in North America.

Harley Davidson Factory Security System Details
68328-06

Fits '02-'07 VRSC™, '04-'07 Dyna™, '03-'07 Softail® and '02-'07 Touring models.

Harley-Davidson® Security System Pager Receiver II

Designed to complement the Smart Siren II, this pager Receiver can be linked to the vehicle with no additional installation. The Page Receiver II monitors the Security System operation, and features multi-color LED indicators to display unique codes for arming, disarming and trigger modes. The Range Conformation Signal (RCS) confirms and displays the signal reception. Hi-efficiency FM circuitry provides excellent reception, even in buildings and parking garages. Maximum effective range is up to 1/2 mile. The Pager Receiver II features selectable vibration or audible modes. The silent paging mode feature allows selectable programming trigger modes to avoid activating the siren. The convenient built-in ultra-bright white LED flashlight helps light the way. The compact, lightweight receiver can be carried in your pocket, or clipped to a belt up to 1-3/4 inches wide. Kit includes receiver, holster, and one 3V lithium battery. Operates in conjunction with the Security System Fob and Smart Siren II.

91660-06
[IMG]http://a1276.g.akamai.net/7/1276/734/94fb0c3ed8a8f9/resource.harley-davidson.com/me

Old 01-13-2007, 05:28 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No you can do that yourself. But I installed the complete system. Your TSSM is already married to your bike since the dealer installed your MOCO alarm. I put the module in my bike myself and did not realize it had to be married to the ECM on my bike.With yours all you will be doing is adding your siren and pager. Just follow the instructions that come with the smart siren II
Clap

Old 01-13-2007, 05:29 PM
fatboylust
Road Captain

dchoran,
You should be able to install the Smart Siren II without the dealerships involvement and subsequently program the Pager yourself. Clap's problem stems from the replacement/installation of the silent security system.

FBL

Old 01-13-2007, 05:53 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

COOL. Appreciate the quick replies!!!

Now, do any of you guys know where can you get these alarm/security parts for 20% off list???

THANKS AGAIN

Old 01-13-2007, 06:02 PM
clap
Road Master

Chicago Harley Davidson always 20% off Get on there site and get there phone # and ask for Nick in parts
Clap

Old 01-13-2007, 09:10 PM
07ultrahd4me
Novice

Having just done what you did about a month ago I can shed some light on this. You can "marry" the TSSM to the ECM yourself. The procedure for thisis in HDForums.If I remember correctly it takes about 30 minutes.The part you can't do yourself is assign the key fob to the alarm system this must be done by HD. The pager you can alsosetup yourself.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:46 PM
clap
Road Master

I got my key fob assigned to my alarm myself just didn't get the TSSM married to the bike
Clap

Old 01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
07ultrahd4me
Novice

I don't get that... unless we are talking about different fobs. I have the smart fob that has no buttons on it. The HD tech had to use what I think was called a "Digital Technician" to assign the serial # of the fob to the alarm system.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:22 PM
alexcue
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 07ultrahd4me

I don't get that... unless we are talking about different fobs. I have the smart fob that has no buttons on it. The HD tech had to use what I think was called a "Digital Technician" to assign the serial # of the fob to the alarm system.
yup two different fobs. The 07's don't have a button anymore, the prior ones did.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:22 PM
clap
Road Master

I am talking about the alarm unit (TSSM ) that replaces the module unter the seat, it has to be able to talk the the bike (computer) in order for the bike to run. The key fob you are talking about just turns the alarm on and off.
Clap

Quick Reply: Alarm question