Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

NEW! F.C.S. reservation deposit

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 12:25 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NEW! F.C.S. reservation deposit

There will be an unavoidable production interruption in the very near future. Since switching to the new fans, stock availability is very limited. I have purchased all of the fans available in US stock, impressive as that may sound, it still only equates to about 150 sets of the FCS, and just over 100 of those are already reserved. That means I have fans on hand for to accommodate another 40 new reservations, after that I have to order my fans factory direct with a 12-16 week lead time. I have been running a simple “non-committal” waiting list that has yielded a lot “back outs” at time of payment, but from this point forward I will require a deposit to secure a reservation, this will help ensure only serious customers are placed on the list, and to raise the money to order fans now and minimize that delay in production. I will also set up a deposit option on the website in a few days for new reservations outside the forum, but I’m giving the forum the first opportunity as usual. Moving forward, as I notify members on the waiting list that it is time to pay, if I get no response within 1 week, I will simply drop them from the list; this may sound unfair but if someone signed up, they made a commitment and they should be interested enough to monitor the forum and product progress to get their system just a s soon as it’s ready for shipment. They signed up via forum and PM so that’s how I make notification, except those who specifically asked to be contacted via email, if folks on the waiting list choose not to check the forum, there really isn’t much I can do about that. The limited availability of fans has changed the conditions a little; signing up on the waiting list for free “just in case” you might want to buy it when your number comes up is no longer an option, if you seriously want this product you will have to pay the deposit to get on the reservation list. I am sorry but the limited supply and the unlimited demand has made this course of action necessary. If you are thinking you will just wait until I have them in stock, you may be waiting a very long time, and I may possibly never have them “in stock”. If you are already on the waiting list you are not required to make the deposit, however if you are on the list and you wish to participate in the deposit program you will contribute greatly to the success of this product, advancement of finish and control options, and help ensure a rapid production for future customers. Please follow the link below to make deposit payment. For anyone who doesn’t make the cut for existing stock, I cannot give you a delivery date, I am at the mercy of the fan manufacturer and they have already quoted 14-16 weeks, by my count that’s the end of this riding season for many. The good news is I will have plenty of time to get the housings done, so final assembly should be rather quick once I get the fans in my possession. This is another hidden website link for forum members only http://www.wardspartswerks.com/fcs-deposit-hdf.html From now on I will follow up via your Paypal email with your list # and any notifications. This may very well be the best Harley cooling system ever built, the quality and performance are worth the wait, ask anyone who already has one.
Thank You!
Jason

Old 06-29-2012, 07:26 PM
fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jason, # 125 bothering you again, I got so nervous when I started reading the above that I rushed off to pay the deposit before reading your entire post. I hope I didn't cause any problems. I'm not sure if there was an area to choose crinkle black so please put me down for crinkle black with black screens if available. Thanks again, Bob

Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 AM
fathog
Tourer

crinkle? sorry Jason, I meant wrinkle.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:16 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned

Originally Posted by fathog
crinkle? sorry Jason, I meant wrinkle.
I don't have any color options yet for the fan housings, but I am having some screens done in the same flat black to match the housings. There are many different "wrinkle" black finishes, and I dont have a way to "show" you all of them to make a choice. The standard HD black motor is not a wrinkle finish, it is textured. If I offer "custom" finishes and you don't like it once you recieve it, you're stuck with it. Custom finishes will also increase the cost and slow down production even further. I can tell you my intent for standard finish colors in the future is to match the current HD engine colors and I would like to be able to provide actual chrome. Please bear in mind that this is a part time endeavor for me while I am still on active duty in the Army, eventually I will get around to expanding options and services after I retire.
Jason

Old 06-30-2012, 02:26 PM
fathog
Tourer

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
I don't have any color options yet for the fan housings, but I am having some screens done in the same flat black to match the housings. There are many different "wrinkle" black finishes, and I dont have a way to "show" you all of them to make a choice. The standard HD black motor is not a wrinkle finish, it is textured. If I offer "custom" finishes and you don't like it once you recieve it, you're stuck with it. Custom finishes will also increase the cost and slow down production even further. I can tell you my intent for standard finish colors in the future is to match the current HD engine colors and I would like to be able to provide actual chrome. Please bear in mind that this is a part time endeavor for me while I am still on active duty in the Army, eventually I will get around to expanding options and services after I retire.
Jason
Sorry for the confusion, I thought I read that wrinkle paint maybe an option and I thought the wrinkle is what Harley uses. Thanks for pointing out that Harley's engine paint is a textured finish and something that may be available in the future. Flat black screens would be perfect.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:14 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Jason, I was #31 on the 2nd batch, love the fan so much I ordered another and am #122, I made it in before you required a deposit, but I sent a deposit anyway, hope it helps you move things along, I know how it is to depend on cash flow in a business that's part time and just getting started, I've been down that road. Good luck, you will do well, thanks for a great product.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 AM
gamechngr
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deposit sent

After riding my trike last night I made the plunge and sent out deposit for fans.
Thanks,
Doug

Old 07-07-2012, 09:25 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Well I just sent my deposit too.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:58 PM
fatboyNick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason - Thank you for your service and YES I just sent a deposit to you. How can I find out what Number I am in line waiting?

Nick

Old 07-07-2012, 10:35 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned

Originally Posted by fatboyNick
Jason - Thank you for your service and YES I just sent a deposit to you. How can I find out what Number I am in line waiting?

Nick
Nick,
No waiting list numbers with the deposit system, reservations will be filled in the order the deposits are received, but You still made the cut for fan stock on hand, I should have your system ready by mid Aug.
Jason

Quick Reply: NEW! F.C.S. reservation deposit