Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG towing question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:52 PM
TwoBlue02
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Default HOG towing question

I am thinking about joining HOG but was confused a bit by the way they stated the towing policy:

"You’re automatically covered when you need it most. H.O.G.® Roadside Assistance Standard Package comes with a one-time coverage up to $100. (Upgrades available)"

Is this one per membership year or once in a life time? What other benefits do you guys see other than towing?

Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Roadside Assistance

Standard Package (included with full and full life membership at no extra charge.)

Even though you may not realize it, as an active full or full life H.O.G. member, you're already covered by the H.O.G. Roadside Assistance Program for your Harley-Davidson motorcycle. The Standard Package is included with your H.O.G. membership at no extra charge. It's one of your most important benefits – and one we hope you'll never have to use. Active full and full life H.O.G. members may use the program once per year, with a maximum of $100 coverage for that occurrence. Road America offers telephone support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, as well as various communication options for the hearing-impaired.
If an active full or full life H.O.G. member is stranded due to a covered problem, contact Road America to arrange for a tow to the nearest authorized Harley-Davidson dealership. The toll-free number is on the back of your membership card. (Please note that authorized Harley-Davidson dealerships are not open 24/7.) Road America will send an authorized service provider for assistance. There is no out-of-pocket expense to H.O.G. members for covered services received up to $100. Members simply sign the invoice from the provider to verify that service was received.

For services over the $100 per occurrence, per year limit, the member is responsible for any non-covered expenses or expenses in excess of $100. Road America can assist you with towing service, fuel/fluid replacement (does not cover cost of fuel/fluid) and extrication assistance. Certain restrictions and/or exclusions apply.

Note: Benefit limits in Canada are in Canadian dollars (up to CD $100) and in U.S. dollars (up to US $100) when in the United States.

So, bottom line is you get the Standard Package with a one time roadside assistance service per year with every new yearly membership. I personally upgrade to the $20. Deluxe Package with unlimited use.

Last edited by soos; 06-28-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Idaho Spud
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to use it once when I had a tire blowout. $100 is not much. I only had to go about 15 miles and the total bill was $175 minus $100 HOG and $75 out of my pocket. I will say this, the service was fantastic. Within about 5 minutes after calling them they had a tow truck on the way and gave me an ETA for its arrival. They called 5 minutes after the ETA to confirm it arrived and all was well. So, for the nominal dues it is worth the safety net. Some people probably have the same thing with AAA or their insurance company.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:18 PM
TwoBlue02
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks soos - I looked for this level of detail and could not find it. I did not think it could be only once but wanted to make sure before signing up .

Old 06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

...and I have the $49 Ultra package, it covers my cars as well.

dropped AAA so a net 0 expense as I am a life hog member.

I used the towing twice and each would have run me well over $250 if I were out of pocket.

the Road America people were great to deal with on the phone, trucks came with wheeled chocks that winch onto the bed and proper straps.

mike

Old 06-28-2012, 02:28 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

It's on the HOG members website. I pay for the extra coverage and have yet to use it.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
michaelm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For $19.95 upgrade the unlimited tow package. Saved me more than once and well worth the 19.95. The tow is to the nearest HARLEY DEALER...this is a big deal and what separates the HOG package from others.