Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Lock Set

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 10:13 PM
1Fatking
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saddlebag Lock Set

I was looking at this new classic saddle bag lock set the same one found at http://www.inertiawrx.com/. some of the things about them i noticed was
1. cheaper than the HD locks $179.00 compared th HD $199.00 (I know some of you can find them cheaper)
2. easy to install
3. no cable to run along the inside of your bag like the HD lock has.
I have also talked to my local HD shop owner who researched this system and he was informed by HD that they were discontinuing the old lock system and going to start using the inertiawrx lock system.
I am ordering my lock system next payday.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Name:  Pictures0108.jpg
Views: 1493
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  Pictures0107.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  44.9 KB

Old 02-01-2006, 10:54 PM
trning
Advanced

Those of you that have the Inertia Wrx locks. I'm able to rekey the locks to fit your ign key.

Old 02-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1Fatking

I have also talked to my local HD shop owner who researched this system and he was informed by HD that they were discontinuing the old lock system and going to start using the inertiawrx lock system.
If my local HD shop said it was raining, I'll have to go outside and check. That being said, good luck with your choice

**anybody need anymore pics?**

Old 05-30-2007, 11:44 PM
shoes
2nd Gear

Anyone seen a lockset for the Road King Custom rigid leather saddle bags? I know Harley started selling them, but was not sure they were still being sold, and if so how reliable they were.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:44 PM
shoes
2nd Gear

In the 2007 HD catalog, the Road King Custom lockset that cost $69.95, does it work?

Old 05-31-2007, 04:54 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a rk custom. I installed the lock set right after I got the bike. I was nervous about drilling into the plastic on the back, but I did a good job, and the set covers everything up nicely. If you have a rk custom, get the lock set. Well worth the money. I lock mine when ever I park it outside. Even if the bags are empty. Has kept them secure, so far. The silver push button becomes non-useful. It will move the lock to the back of the bike, near the turn signals. The old buttons don't rattle at all, as I have read in other posts, just follow the directions, and use the templates that are provided. Very easy, and they work awsome. Just make sure once you release the old button, you don't close the lid, or you will have a heck of a time opening it. Quick mod. Very worth it!!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:20 PM
shoes
2nd Gear

PapaTravis,

Does the RK Custom Lockset lock the lids or does it only lock the bags to the bike?
From reading your remarks, the lockset locks the lids.
Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:25 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Shoes, yes it locks the lids closed. Which, in turn, keeps lazy thieves from removing the bags with the quick disconnect. If someone wants them bad enough, they can just remove the bolts that hold the quick connect set up, but takes a little longer. Nothing is perfect. But the locks are awsome. Well worth the money and time to put on the bike.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. What do you ride? Any pics yet?

Old 06-03-2007, 04:50 AM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have that lock and it does a good job.
It's actually a two part kit. The first being the lock which also is used on the RK Custom bags, the second is the cable and inside latch which is needed for the RKC. You will have an easier install if you have a right angle drill and a couple clamps to use while drilling. Figure a couple hours. The screws supplied were too short so I hit the friendly hardware for 1/8" longer ones.
The best part of having the lockis that you don't have toundo the straps anymore to open the bags. You just push the lock button and lift the lid.The instructions call for reinstalling the strapson the lids. Don't, install them on the bags instead and you'll never fumble with the clips again. This idea came from a post here about two years ago.
You lose a little space inside the bags but the peace of mind is worth it.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag Lock Set