Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Tour-Pak Luggage Rack Bag?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014 | 01:05 PM
rwrunski
Cruiser

I use the Tbags spacesaver bag It collapses down when not in use and it comes with a rain cover
http://www.tbags.com/touring/space-saver-bag.html

Old 02-19-2014 | 01:34 PM
drew4jan
Road Master

T-Bags Roller Dekker comes with rain cover and fits perfect. Don't think they make it any more though.

Old 02-19-2014 | 02:12 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

Dekker Supreme Bag
Cost some more but worth every dime it costs.
http://www.tbags.com/touring/dekker-supreme-bag-80.html
Easy on/easy off.

Old 02-19-2014 | 02:57 PM
Copyless
Supporter

I have used the collapsible bag for several years and have never used anything but the Velcro straps to hold it down, and believe me, my wife packs it to the point that it should be traveling in a car of it's own. I do take the carrying strap and wrap it around the rack (just for added security) but the Velcro has always held with no sign of failure.

Originally Posted by grbrown
Looks the same as the one I have. I wouldn't describe it as waterproof, as I use a black sack inside it, for keeping our spare riding gear in.
The bag itself is not waterproof, but it came with a rain bag in the side pocket, actually if I remember correctly (which it's very well possible that I don't) it was attached to the zipper for the side pocket. I know one time when I was loading the bike I needed the rain cover, and my wife didn't know what it was, and had removed it from the pocket, so it can be overlooked.

Old 02-19-2014 | 03:03 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Copyless
The bag itself is not waterproof, but it came with a rain bag in the side pocket, actually if I remember correctly (which it's very well possible that I don't) it was attached to the zipper for the side pocket. I know one time when I was loading the bike I needed the rain cover, and my wife didn't know what it was, and had removed it from the pocket, so it can be overlooked.
That rings a bell! I think I do have one, but very heavy rain can get in from the underside, hence my black sack.

Old 02-20-2014 | 09:38 AM
propflux01
Road Warrior
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by rwrunski
I use the Tbags spacesaver bag It collapses down when not in use and it comes with a rain cover
http://www.tbags.com/touring/space-saver-bag.html
How much clothing can you actually pack in there?

Old 02-20-2014 | 09:56 AM
rwrunski
Cruiser

I have managed to pack a few pair of jeans and shorts tshirts socks and such to last a week. It actually holds more than i first thought. The trick is learning how to pack it. I typically roll my clothes to take up less space.

Old 02-20-2014 | 10:30 AM
TheBig-O
Tourer

I realize this is an old post but on the chance someone is looking for a Tour Pac rack bag you might want to consider this . http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/tour-pak-rack-bag . It has been with me on many a long ride . Highly recommended .

Attached Thumbnails Best Tour-Pak Luggage Rack Bag?-sturgis-081113-17-.jpg  
Old 02-20-2014 | 10:53 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by '05Train
T-Bags Dakota here.
This is what we have, more than $150 though. It has a rain cover that attaches via strap and Velcro and has its own pocket. The two ends zip off and double as little back packs if you want to go on a hike. The ends also have bottle holders that are in a good spot for the passenger to be able to reach them. Lots of space! Connects via quick snaps and has lots of tie downs on top to connect bungees. For our three week camping road trip this held all our camping gear (tent, bags, stove, sleep pads and rain gear). Ours is mounted on our airwing rack.

Last edited by hd_rolling; 02-20-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-20-2014 | 03:43 PM
davedyna
Tourer

I use the Kuryakyn Classic Tour bag on mine which is plenty large enough in most cases for us (4-10 day type of range). Bought it for $99. at a show sometime back. Has a rain cover and is lightly rain proof without it. Easy on/off. I like the idea of accessing the bag from the front and both sides since I never remember where the hell I put stuff. We use it for rain gear, quick access stuff etc. on the longer trips and use the tour pack for the main clothing suitcase storage. Side bags for tools,heavy stuff/liquids and other quick grab items. Used to use it on the Dyna for overnight trips before the touring bike came so it has been in use quite a bit since ~2009 and is still in good shape. Has a couple quirks but good bag for the money we paid.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/708/Classic-Tour-Bag

Quick Reply: Best Tour-Pak Luggage Rack Bag?