Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragula 2:1 or V&H Pro Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:15 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem I understand ride safe enjoy ride looks nice from the pic.
FD.

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
Thanks. I know many are aware that different engine sizes, mods and tune require different baffle sizes to obtain ideal results. Just tired of others thinking 1 pipe is universal and works wonders on all engine sizes, mods and tune. I applaud you for offering a product with different baffles for tuning to get ideal results. It broadens your product to engine upgrade changes without spending more money on another product down the road.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:18 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

If there the 12 inch ones they will fit. If they are the tall ones I offer a kit that allows you to use with the dragula it re routes the shock for more clearance for pipe to fit.

Originally Posted by hog95023
Any of you peeps use the dragula with ohlin shocks?

Old 07-03-2012, 12:34 AM
mike_oh
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FastBagger07
There's really no comparison.I have both exhaust's the V&H pipe is a POS in all aspects compared to the Dragula.
+ 1!!!

Old 07-03-2012, 12:42 AM
mike_oh
Road Master

Originally Posted by hog95023
Any of you peeps use the dragula with ohlin shocks?
Hehehehehe............ ;-)

Old 07-03-2012, 12:43 AM
mike_oh
Road Master

Frank, I need a 2.55" baffle as I want to see if it changes anything on my build. Can you hook me up?? Send me a PM please.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:02 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks like I might have a set of V&H's Pro Pipe for sale soon. Talked to Frank and seems to be very knowledgable and willing to exchange my Dragula 2:1 end tips for me when they arrive. I will give a update of the Dragula exhaust when its installed.

Last edited by 1sweetglide08; 07-04-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:11 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by FastBagger07
There's really no comparison.I have both exhaust's the V&H pipe is a POS in all aspects compared to the Dragula.
Kind of a broad statement. If I was looking to spend $500+ on a new exhaust, I'd certainly weigh out all the options. That said, over the years I have owned a couple different V&H set-ups and found the quality of the product 1st rate. That said, I was able to score a literally like new V&H pro pipe chrome trade-in take off for $270 for my 09 FLHT. I find the quality very good and as joeflewby stated, the drilling of the baffle makes a noticeable difference. Having my bike tuned like this, I have zero tq dip that is very often associated with 2-1 exhausts. My TQ line is very flat and actually plateaus a bit at 4krpm, producing 100+ft/lb tq from 2300-5300rpm. I do find this mod maybe a bit loud for my tastes but all outside opinion has been that the exhaust sounds very good. And a simple pull of the baffle and (2) fender washers bolted on make it stock quiet for long trips. Literally a 10 minute process and much cheaper and easier than baffle swapping. On a side note, I had a prior Muzzy meg exhaust ceramic coated inside and out and thought it was $100+ waste of $$. Looks are certainly personal opinion and people often buy based on appearance alone? Personally, I find the pro pipe to be a better looking exhaust but again, that is personal opinion. It's nice we have all these choices...

Old 07-18-2012, 07:29 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

I have installed the V&H's Pro Pipe...Nice sound and performed well. I'm going to install a black Dragula 2:1 exhaust this weekend. I have heard many good things about this exhaust. I have already sold the Dresser Duals and Monster Ovals...I like the sound and performance of a 2:1 better. If the Dragula exhaust performs as well as I think it will, I will be selling a nice set chrome V&H's Pro Pipe.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

Just give me a call will help you out

Originally Posted by mike_oh
Frank, I need a 2.55" baffle as I want to see if it changes anything on my build. Can you hook me up?? Send me a PM please.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:20 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

Your tip and baffle went out yesterday buddy.

Originally Posted by 1sweetglide08
I have installed the V&H's Pro Pipe...Nice sound and performed well. I'm going to install a black Dragula 2:1 exhaust this weekend. I have heard many good things about this exhaust. I have already sold the Dresser Duals and Monster Ovals...I like the sound and performance of a 2:1 better. If the Dragula exhaust performs as well as I think it will, I will be selling a nice set chrome V&H's Pro Pipe.

Quick Reply: Dragula 2:1 or V&H Pro Pipe