Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragula 2:1 or V&H Pro Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 08:53 AM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
107 is less than 110"
And you missed the wording stock. You tried to be sneaky and not mention all the work and money put into that bike and intentionally mislead readers to pound your chest and try to prove your point. Bottom line is that an independent highly experienced tuner NOT related to the exhaust seller will agree that a 2" primary is too large for a stock 96" motor and torque will suffer. This is a fact.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:05 AM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I disagree and so do other users but you're entitled to your opinion.

And I'm not related to Frank. Just a customer. He doesn't send me a free toaster for posting my opinion. Which is just that-an opinion. If the pipe was ****, I'd say so, but it's not.

Not being sneaky either. Any junior Detective can research my previous posts (as you did) and know by my sig that says I'm using a Tman 590 cam. That's not a cam that can be used with stock heads. Furthermore, I posted the CVO had 114hp. Do you really think anyone believes a stock bike with a 2/1 can beat at bike with 114hp?

Since you have a propipe you're clearly biased towards that pipe which is fine, just don't try to discredit the Dragula with claims that are false

Last edited by cruzmisl; 07-02-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm ordering a Dragula here in about a month.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:29 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
I disagree and so do other users but you're entitled to your opinion.

And I'm not related to Frank. Just a customer. He doesn't send me a free toaster for posting my opinion. Which is just that-an opinion. If the pipe was ****, I'd say so, but it's not.

Not being sneaky either. Any junior Detective can research my previous posts (as you did) and know by my sig that says I'm using a Tman 590 cam. That's not a cam that can be used with stock heads. Furthermore, I posted the CVO had 114hp. Do you really think anyone believes a stock bike with a 2/1 can beat at bike with 114hp?

Since you have a propipe you're clearly biased towards that pipe which is fine, just don't try to discredit the Dragula with claims that are false
Their claim of producing more power with the same size baffle does not mean another pipe with its' smaller baffle does not produce more power or torque. More power does not mean more torque. Take the baffle out and get my point. Bottom end will suffer. I do not care weather the bike makes 1 more hp at 6000 rpms because I do not spend my time in that area. If I wanted a fast bike I would get a crotch rocket. I want good old reliable torque that pulls at the very rpm that most ride at. I am not bashing nor touting one over the other. Just making the statement that a 2 into 1 pipe with a removable baffle that can be modified can be tuned to different engine sizes and modifications. And that stating one is superior is naive. Yeah my pipe with the stock baffle performed less than ideal on my stage 1 103. No baffle killed low end torque but power about the same at upper upper limits. 3/4" hole was better power without reducing torque from stock. 1" was a little bit better and 1 1/8" was ideal for my set up. If I do a cam then maybe not but the pipe is very tunable. My V&H pipes workmanship of welds, fit and finish are among the best that I have seen. Their customer service has been excellent to answer my questions and point me in the right direction for tuning. Their opinion on 2.0 primary pipes of their 3 step Propipe High Output were the same as 2 other highly respected tuners on the board. 110 or larger modified but not a stage 1 96 or 103.

Last edited by joflewbyu2; 07-02-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Putting on notification

Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
Their claim of producing more power with the same size baffle does not mean another pipe with its' smaller baffle does not produce more power or torque. More power does not mean more torque. Take the baffle out and get my point. Bottom end will suffer. I do not care weather the bike makes 1 more hp at 6000 rpms because I do not spend my time in that area. If I wanted a fast bike I would get a crotch rocket. I want good old reliable torque that pulls at the very rpm that most ride at. I am not bashing nor touting one over the other. Just making the statement that a 2 into 1 pipe with a removable baffle that can be modified can be tuned to different engine sizes and modifications. And that stating one is superior is naive. Yeah my pipe with the stock baffle performed less than ideal on my stage 1 103. No baffle killed low end torque but power about the same at upper upper limits. 3/4" hole was better power without reducing torque from stock. 1" was a little bit better and 1 1/8" was ideal for my set up. If I do a cam then maybe not but the pipe is very tunable. My V&H pipes workmanship of welds, fit and finish are among the best that I have seen. Their customer service has been excellent to answer my questions and point me in the right direction for tuning. Their opinion on 2.0 primary pipes of their 3 step Propipe High Output were the same as 2 other highly respected tuners on the board. 110 or larger modified but not a stage 1 96 or 103.
Being that your in love with your ProPipe Ive got a H.O. pipe hanging on the garage wall collecting dust.Got tired of dealing with the heat issues and yes it was wrapped and the weak sounding exhaust.You want it it's yours for $200 it's got about 1000mi on it.Let me know.If you buy it maybe I'll be nice and send you a free toaster for xmas.LOL

Old 07-02-2012, 09:22 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jof, and guys please dont fight.
I just posted 2 dyno sheets a few posts back 1 is from Docs Peformance stock.103 and the other a stock 96 they look very good to me with my 3 step header. And again they are not my dyno sheet so people can say BS. And if you know DOC he wont BS....
I cant speak for others but on mine we have 3 baffles to help with power bands.
2.30" 65/120 hp
2.55" 75/145 hp
3.05" 125/240 hp

Again we have sold many and and people are happy.

Thanks guys and gals..
Please call if you want to talk about anything,

FD

Old 07-02-2012, 09:45 PM
trosel238
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are set on going 2-1 why not go with the D&D Fatcat? I've got a friend who has the Propipe and I think my Fatcat is by far the better sounding of the two.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:54 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master

Thanks. I know many are aware that different engine sizes, mods and tune require different baffle sizes to obtain ideal results. Just tired of others thinking 1 pipe is universal and works wonders on all engine sizes, mods and tune. I applaud you for offering a product with different baffles for tuning to get ideal results. It broadens your product to engine upgrade changes without spending more money on another product down the road.

Originally Posted by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Jof, and guys please dont fight.
I just posted 2 dyno sheets a few posts back 1 is from Docs Peformance stock.103 and the other a stock 96 they look very good to me with my 3 step header. And again they are not my dyno sheet so people can say BS. And if you know DOC he wont BS....
I cant speak for others but on mine we have 3 baffles to help with power bands.
2.30" 65/120 hp
2.55" 75/145 hp
3.05" 125/240 hp

Again we have sold many and and people are happy.

Thanks guys and gals..
Please call if you want to talk about anything,

FD

Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Any of you peeps use the dragula with ohlin shocks?

Quick Reply: Dragula 2:1 or V&H Pro Pipe