Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragula 2:1 or V&H Pro Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 10:13 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let start by saying V&H has a nice 2:1 I dont knock it any where. On any post or forum.

,On a 96 inch we recommend are 2.30 baffle it will.support from 65 to 125 hp. We offer 2.3 inch 2.55 and 3.05 inch baffle. We have sold many dragula with 96 inch motors and have no issues.
We always tell everyone are 2.30 baffle will do better on smaller engine. My dragula pipe has 2 year warranty heat shileds dual 02 bungs 3 different baffles to choose from interchangeable tips.
we also offer a SCS-4 2:1 for smaller engines. 80/88/96.
I hope this answers any questions you might . Please contact me if want to talk I would be more than happy to answer anything.
Thanks FD

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 07-01-2012 at 10:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
shakyb eg (07-15-2020)
Old 07-01-2012, 11:41 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Let start by saying V&H has a nice 2:1 I dont knock it any where. On any post or forum.

,On a 96 inch we recommend are 2.30 baffle it will.support from 65 to 125 hp. We offer 2.3 inch 2.55 and 3.05 inch baffle. We have sold many dragula with 96 inch motors and have no issues.
We always tell everyone are 2.30 baffle will do better on smaller engine. My dragula pipe has 2 year warranty heat shileds dual 02 bungs 3 different baffles to choose from interchangeable tips.
we also offer a SCS-4 2:1 for smaller engines. 80/88/96.
I hope this answers any questions you might . Please contact me if want to talk I would be more than happy to answer anything.
Thanks FD
Will the Dragula 2:1 perform well with a 96ci with SE 255 cams and a SE Ventilator AC with the 2.55 baffle. I'm buying a Dragula 2:1 this week from a member and want to use it if it run as good or better than the ProPipe. If it won't I will be selling it. I really like the Dragula Exhaust. One last question the exhaust is black with a black tip but the tip does not have the name Drago etched in chrome. It has the name Rush on it. The buyer said thats how he got for Drago. Can it be exchanged for one with your logo or for a chrome tip?

Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 PM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
2" primary tube is too big for stock motors below 110". Ask any tuner.
Hmm, I beg to differ. I don't have a 110" or larger and have no loss of low end torque with my Dragula.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:52 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
Hmm, I beg to differ. I don't have a 110" or larger and have no loss of low end torque with my Dragula.
Did you have it dyno? If so what did it produce as far as tq and hp?

Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 AM
cruzmisl
Road Master

Originally Posted by 1sweetglide08
Did you have it dyno? If so what did it produce as far as tq and hp?

Nope. Never had it dynoed. I don't know what it makes and I don't care what it makes. I can tell you this; I beat a 2012 CVO with $6k in motor work by at least ten lengths....twice. His bike was dynoed at 114hp. This was both from a roll in 1st gear at 2k rpm and from a stop. Now before you go and say the other guy can't ride he puts 20k miles on a year and has a 7 second/200mph drag car. He's a motor head and knows a thing or two.

When we did the roll on, I took off from him like he was going backwards. If there was a loss of low end torque it certainly would have manifested itself during that test.

My bike runs so good with the EMS I didn't want to waste the money on a dyno.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:52 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

Himes cycle in New Jersey is a dealer for us. You can ask him about the Dragula....

It will work fine. But for your set up to get the bottom end power up quicker I would use the 2.3 baffle. HP from 65/120hp
Yes we can exchange tip.
It is no secret that EPI which makes the Rush exhaust makes my pipes to my specs.
We also carry EPI/Rush exhaust products. And they make my tips for me and do the Laser edging.
But we do the the assembly right in house here.
One of my guys put the wrong tip in there.
Just call me will help you out.

Originally Posted by 1sweetglide08
Will the Dragula 2:1 perform well with a 96ci with SE 255 cams and a SE Ventilator AC with the 2.55 baffle. I'm buying a Dragula 2:1 this week from a member and want to use it if it run as good or better than the ProPipe. If it won't I will be selling it. I really like the Dragula Exhaust. One last question the exhaust is black with a black tip but the tip does not have the name Drago etched in chrome. It has the name Rush on it. The buyer said thats how he got for Drago. Can it be exchanged for one with your logo or for a chrome tip?

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 07-02-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:00 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

Here are 2 dyno sheets from 2 different shops that tuned a stock 96 inch motor and a stock 103 motor with just tuner air cleaner dragula with 2.55 baffle.

1st dyno sheet is a 2010 road glide with just..
PCV
High flow air cleaner
Dragula 2.55
tuned in FL at bike week
77hp 90 tq.

2nd is a 2012 Stock 103 road glide
TTS master tune
High flow air cleaner
Tuned by Doc Performance in FL.
82 hp 102.hp

Both pipe are dragulas with 2.55 baffle.. and both are stock motors.
cf sae smoothing 5 on both. And tuned in FL where its hot and humid.....keep in mind.

Sorry for the pics thats how I got them from customers.

Attached Thumbnails Dragula 2:1 or V&H Pro Pipe-dragula-stock-96-inch-motor.jpg   Dragula 2:1 or V&H Pro Pipe-stock-103-with-dragula-2012-road-glide.jpg  
Old 07-02-2012, 07:12 AM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

+1 here on the Dragula. Came from a Thunderheader and the Dragula out performs the Theader and sounds way better. Quality and build is exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier with my Choice in Dragula 2-1.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:29 AM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cruzmisl, You forgot to mention this from your earlier post about your bike:

I just thought I'd share my experiences with my Road King. I bought it a few years ago and it was great. The guy I bought it from already installed some slip ons and handed me the keys. It was slow but hey I looked good so who cares? Well apparently I do.

A few months pass and I ordered a 2 into 1 Dragos SCS system, FM stage 1 air filter and a RP EMS system. Ran great but why stop there. Put in a set of CR575 cams and now she was running great. Should be happy right? Not so much.......

I decided this spring to bump it up to a 107" so I ordered a set of RP cylinders and pistons. Heads would be off so might as well have those done too. I sent them to Dragos to be reworked. Stage 1 why bother? Go big or go home so I did the stage 2 heads. Frank knew the TMAN 590's work great with his head design so I bought those too and Frank also suggested maximum benefit would be gained if I upgraded to the Dragula stepped headers
Might as well send me one of those too (along with some Gatermann lifters). The throttle body looked pathetic so I sent the stocker out to HPI and had it bored to 54mm. While waiting for all this stuff to be returned to me I thought about the weak stock clutch so I had to order an AIM clutch kit with 340lb spring and a Barnett clutch cable to make things smooth. Whats the point of making tons of power if the clutch slips?

So its all put back together now but its only got a few hundred miles on it. I've had a few runs up to 5000rpm and I can say this thing runs HAAARD! Idles great, sounds even better and so far the EMS seems to be doing a great job. Valvetrain is a little noisier than stock but nothing crazy considering the valvetrain is good for a 650 lift cam.

Anyway, if you're like me and can't help yourself, don't even start with the modifications. Its addicting and you'll get a bad case of the "while I'm at its". You'll be broke like me and praying your crank holds out the summer so you can get it welded in the fall. If you can do it though it's a TON of fun. 100mph comes up REALLY fast.

A more thorough review to come when its fully broken in.

J.

You forgot to mention that from an earlier post of yours:

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
Nope. Never had it dynoed. I don't know what it makes and I don't care what it makes. I can tell you this; I beat a 2012 CVO with $6k in motor work by at least ten lengths....twice. His bike was dynoed at 114hp. This was both from a roll in 1st gear at 2k rpm and from a stop. Now before you go and say the other guy can't ride he puts 20k miles on a year and has a 7 second/200mph drag car. He's a motor head and knows a thing or two.

When we did the roll on, I took off from him like he was going backwards. If there was a loss of low end torque it certainly would have manifested itself during that test.

My bike runs so good with the EMS I didn't want to waste the money on a dyno.

Last edited by joflewbyu2; 07-02-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:35 AM
cruzmisl
Road Master

107 is less than 110"

Quick Reply: Dragula 2:1 or V&H Pro Pipe