Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody get their street glide yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005 | 04:13 PM
Big Ted
Road Master
Default RE: anybody get their street glide yet?

Yeah, let's see some pics from the people that have them. I do agree that the wheels would have to be the first thing to go.

Old 08-04-2005 | 04:31 PM
Loch
Tourer

You guys don’t like the wheels? I guess I’d have to see one in person to really know how I feel about them. I do think with the black paint the wheels look good. It kind of has a low-slung bad boy street fighter look to it with the black paint, black motor, black ring on the air cleaner and the black accented wheels.

I did find a picture of the blue one on a dealership website.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1933/B8256078E75147379CC95735F7717405.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-05-2005 | 11:01 PM
hillbilly64
Cruiser

Sat on mine today at the dealer, waiting for the 95" kit to be installed now, gonna be sleepless nights waiting now lol

Old 08-06-2005 | 08:50 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I've seen two on showrooms while I was on vacation last week. One at Charleston West Virginia (19800 out the door) and one at Indy West Harley Davidson (23900 plus set up). Of course the one at Indy West was "Accessorized", which means they had the skull series grips and floorboards installed. Not bad making around 4 grand more for a couple hundred dollars worth of goodies.

I loved the bike. Both were the new blue. Like Mike said, the LED's on the fender tip are really cool but I don't like the wheels either. The new stereo system is awsome. Don't know how the new speakers compare to the old ones or the Hogtunes so I'll have to wait for someone elses review.

P.S. Had a great time on vacation but missed you guys.

Terry

Old 08-07-2005 | 12:51 AM
Bill918
Road Captain

For what it is worth, I was at my dealers today and saw one. A beatuiful machine. My dealer, who is also a personal friend, told me the stereo really rocks on this bike.

Old 08-07-2005 | 02:57 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

Saw one yesterday, dealer has two.

I was nervous about seeing this bike, and turning green with envy, as I was pretty sure I would have bought this bike instead of the EG Std had it been available. I have been pretty much building my bike since last year, with this endstate in mind...before I knew about the SG.

Anyway, I was worried about really wanting one.

Truth is, the bike is gorgeous, but, I prefer my spoke wheels, and with all the work I've done to mine, I don't want one of the SG's. I sort of look at it they way I do a RK, Love 'em, just not for me right now...they are sweet though.

The radio is pretty trick, and I really do like the subdued saddle back latches...I have a silver motor, and I'm not used to looking at a black one...so the motor looks "funny" to me., I'm used to seeing the black motor on RK, Classics and Ultras...

Anyway, I'll shut up now.

Mac

Old 08-08-2005 | 11:31 PM
JRAZ
Cruiser

Couldn't wait to put my two cents in on this. I was going to order a RKC until my dealer told me to check out the Street Glide. Further he offered me a demo ride of both yesterday. I started riding the SG and he rode the RKC, then we switched. Then I asked to switch again. I ordered the Street Glide!! It was a no brainer for me. (Plus Momma said she thought the SG looked cooler, not that her opinion matters!) Really drove more smoothly and the guages are awesome. Not to mention the "tunes" from the stereo which goes up in volume as your speed increases and since this was my first experience with a bike stereo, I was pleasantly surprised on how good the sound was and the fact that the wind didn't distort it. As far as the wheels go, they are growing on me and the more that I look at the pictures, the more they look like they match the design of the bike. It's not suppose to have a "classsic / traditional" look IMHO. Further thoughts are that I believe that the Motor Company has done a good job of providing "value" with including the stealth passenger footpegs and rider boards as well as the fairing , radio and guages. Only thing I was disappointed with is that it does not come standard with Cruise control which I will be adding. Being tall and liking a windshield for long rides, I am changing the short windshield for the standard 12" one which is an easy switch. All Harleys are black and chrome so of course mine will be as well. I'll post some pics in early September when I take delivery!

Old 08-09-2005 | 01:10 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Mac,

I agree. I sat on one at the dealer yesterday, and it is no better than what I have with my Classic. For the price, I would get a Classic and strip it rather than getting the Street Glide and add the touring stuff to it.

Ain't it wonderful when you fret about something being better, or more desireable only to find that what you got is what you would do all over again?

Regards,

Bill

Old 08-09-2005 | 03:50 PM
Loch
Tourer

ORIGINAL: JRAZ
Further thoughts are that I believe that the Motor Company has done a good job of providing "value" with including the stealth passenger footpegs and rider boards as well as the fairing , radio and guages.
I agree, I think the Street Glide has a lot of it’s own personal touches that make it great.

Congratulations on the purchase! I’ll be ordering my SG this winter.

Old 08-17-2005 | 06:06 AM
Double Jack
Novice

I just brought home my new baby, an '06 SG in Black Pearl. It was a 70 mile ride from the dealer so I got to know her real well and Daddy Like!

I have owned several bikes in the past 22 years and I guess my decision to buy the Street Glide came after a 2,200 mile trip I took this summer. I wanted to be more comfortable and I think this black beauty is just the ticket.

Buffeting is minimal at 75 mph, the sound system is unbelievable and the only real vibration is on decel from 30 mph or so on down. The SG is an awesome rider with a low center of gravity, easily turned at low speeds and it has a feel much lighter than the 750 (ish) weight.

To quote "Oh Brother Where Art Thou".......... "She's Bonafide!!!".

Quick Reply: anybody get their street glide yet?