Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Black out or Chrome out?
Chrome
60.66%
Black
39.34%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

to chrome or to black out

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Opinions are like ********...everyone has one including you!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior

I find it comical that you Vyking post up a poll and asking for opinions. Then turn around and say it is just for fun but when someone posts up an opinion you don't want to hear you get a thin skin. I can't help it if you didn't include a I don't give a *** selection in your poll. Sorry to have offended you but it get's a little ridiculous at times.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

I am gad this thread is here. And I agree with vyking and Road Ranger. Poll is fun. But it would be a lot more fun if I don't give a ***** was one of the choices.

One reason I am glad is that blacked-out bikes have bothered me for a long time. I think they are un-American.
When we were the strongest country in the world, Chrome ruled.
Why mess with that? Chrome made Harley what it is today.

Of course I am being facetious. I think.
Welcome to the dysfunctional family known as HDF.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:07 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Ranger
I'm by no means the thread police but don't you guys get tired of these types of threads? Some of them are plain ridiculous...point in case!
Maybe I'm just in a cranky mood so I'm going to go into a little rant but I agree with you on this. Threads looking for specific info, or offering solutions are the reason I first came here and I have got lots of great info, in fact I have based a lot of my purchases on info I got here. But.... threads asking if I should go black or chrome, do you like your exhaust tips up or down, should I use red or blue LED's, please, you sound like my wife and her friends, do these pants make my *** look fat?
And really I'm sure you are all excited you just ordered some new part but really, does anyone care you just "pulled the trigger" and are waiting breathlessly for the UPS truck?
I'm not the thread police, do whatever you want, just my own personal rant cause I'm in a shitty mood.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by booch
Maybe I'm just in a cranky mood so I'm going to go into a little rant but I agree with you on this. Threads looking for specific info, or offering solutions are the reason I first came here and I have got lots of great info, in fact I have based a lot of my purchases on info I got here. But.... threads asking if I should go black or chrome, do you like your exhaust tips up or down, should I use red or blue LED's, please, you sound like my wife and her friends, do these pants make my *** look fat?
And really I'm sure you are all excited you just ordered some new part but really, does anyone care you just "pulled the trigger" and are waiting breathlessly for the UPS truck?
I'm not the thread police, do whatever you want, just my own personal rant cause I'm in a shitty mood.
How can you be in a shitty mood, with such a cool looking bike?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Warehouse41ant
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I voted black. Chrome is nice for some guys. I have a black denim Street Glide and am (slowly - as I get money) putting more black on it. The biggest thing is to find a stopping point. You can't make everything black or there is no contrast to the bike (especially if your tins are black).

What you have to ask yourself is what YOU think looks cool. If you like the murdered (black) look, go for it. If you want to be shiny - go chrome! I will say this though...you don't have to polish the black

Old 06-21-2012, 09:52 PM
fella
Road Master

Originally Posted by spongetail
I thought once you went black you never go back?
I thought it was...once you go black, you're a single mom.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:56 PM
djaudette
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should do it in either chrome or black!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I do chrome now, because I ride my bike and when I went black it was very easy to show scratches/chips whatever.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:40 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,649 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by clarkchriston
Cant say i disagree but being it's his second post I say we give the guy some slack. Besides, it never seems to amaze me how many threads are on here that i think are useless but others seem to find entertaining.
Couldn't be any more useless than my thread on personal flatulence.

Blacked out looks great, but is getting played out. Denim is REALLY played out. Chrome NEVER goes out of style. Same with skulls & traditional flames. REAL flame is played out & tacky.

Quick Reply: to chrome or to black out