Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Msrp

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 04:08 AM
REVDOGGY
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Msrp

Looking to get a 2012 RKC and started checking around for my best price hear in New Hampshire. Is MSRP going to be the best price I can get for a cash deal with NO trade ? I have over paid in the past and this time I want to get a good deal. Thanks to anyone that responds back to me.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:01 AM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

My guess would be yes, that's going to be your best deal. It would have been my pleasure to recommend Kelly's House of Harley Davidson in Billerica, as I could never get a good deal from Nashua or Manchester. However, thus far, I'm not overwhelmed with the new owners who changed the name to 'High Octane Harley Davidson' (seriously, my 7 year old could come up with a better name). No prices on the bikes anymore in the show room... Higher pressure sales tactics (stopped in with a buddy of mine, the guy was talking trade in, in the first 5 minutes, my regular sales guy had the day off. Overheard one woman working a deal, didn't sound like it was going well. Has me a bit worried.

If you try them, ask for Adam, he's always done right by me (he'll recognize my name, 3 bikes in 5 years).

Otherwise, I've heard from another friend that a buddy of his managed MSRP on a Street Glide from Heritage in Concord. Also met a guy that I bought some parts from that got his CVO Road Glide from Manchester and was happy with the deal. I've never met anyone happy with sales/deals out of Nashua (even though Manch and Nash are owned by the same guy). Laconia seems overpriced still, I've not been to Seacoast in many moons, they used to be very "proud" of their bikes too...

If you do buy one, I'd be interested in your feedback on the deals you found and who was dealing. A friend of mine will be buying next year, my initial plan was to go to High Octane, but I'm worried about their dealings now. I got my Street Glide from them at MSRP, plus discounts on accessories and installation, on the day before the dealership changed hands... Anyway, be good to know who's looking to sell bikes and who's looking to make their bones on each one...

Good luck!

Last edited by plutnicki; 06-21-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:34 AM
dice2010
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figure out the bike you want, color, options, etc., and then call around. In Michigan in 2009 I was looking for a FLHTC, local dealer wanted MSRP, so I drove 65 miles to a different dealer and saved about $2500. This last Nov, in CA, I wanted another FLHTC, and the local dealer there wanted MSRP, so I drove 140 miles and saved about $2200. So, shop around. There are deals that can be made.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:37 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

IMO - never pay MSRP w/cash (money talks)...find the bike & start ~$1500-$2000 below MSRP & work from there. Good luck!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:49 AM
RK Joy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my recent experience the price is fixed. However, I was able to negotiate a better price on the bike I traded in. The money all comes from the same place, it helps!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:59 AM
circlenine
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember the days when cash was king??? Today car dealers get an additional cut if bikes are financed and I can only assume HD is the same way. If so, there might be a better deal if financed and if you have the cash, pay it off the first month without a penalty.

Definitely start below MSRP as previously mentioned. When I was in search for mine Seacoast was touted as being the highet volume daler in the area, if this is true that may be your bet local deal.

Heck drive a few hours down to me and I can guarantee a great deal. And it's a great ride home!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:10 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

HD financial makes a giant contribution to the corporate bottom line. Dealers absolutely get a cut from financing through HD financial, so unfortunately cash is not much of a motivator. The dealer will get his money, plus some, from HD up-front and HD financial absorbs all of the risk. And yes, they have a good number of defaults and repos.

One of these days, when economies crash and credit is no more, cash will once again talk and bullshit will walk. But when this happens, our priorities may be pointed in a different direction that at HD.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:14 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by plutnicki
My guess would be yes, that's going to be your best deal. It would have been my pleasure to recommend Kelly's House of Harley Davidson in Billerica, as I could never get a good deal from Nashua or Manchester. However, thus far, I'm not overwhelmed with the new owners who changed the name to 'High Octane Harley Davidson' (seriously, my 7 year old could come up with a better name). No prices on the bikes anymore in the show room... Higher pressure sales tactics (stopped in with a buddy of mine, the guy was talking trade in, in the first 5 minutes, my regular sales guy had the day off. Overheard one woman working a deal, didn't sound like it was going well. Has me a bit worried.

If you try them, ask for Adam, he's always done right by me (he'll recognize my name, 3 bikes in 5 years).

Otherwise, I've heard from another friend that a buddy of his managed MSRP on a Street Glide from Heritage in Concord. Also met a guy that I bought some parts from that got his CVO Road Glide from Manchester and was happy with the deal. I've never met anyone happy with sales/deals out of Nashua (even though Manch and Nash are owned by the same guy). Laconia seems overpriced still, I've not been to Seacoast in many moons, they used to be very "proud" of their bikes too...

If you do buy one, I'd be interested in your feedback on the deals you found and who was dealing. A friend of mine will be buying next year, my initial plan was to go to High Octane, but I'm worried about their dealings now. I got my Street Glide from them at MSRP, plus discounts on accessories and installation, on the day before the dealership changed hands... Anyway, be good to know who's looking to sell bikes and who's looking to make their bones on each one...

Good luck!
I bought my bike at Kelly's in August of '08. FLHTC
$1,500 off msrp, and $1,100 more than high trade value from KBB on my trade.
I think that with the '09's already out and the changes to the new MY got me a good deal on the '08.

I've stopped in a couple of times at the new "High Octane" just browsing, didn't experience any high pressure at all.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:09 AM
iceman5218
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for arguments sake, I would say to shop around different states if you can't get a good deal. You can get below MSRP. If you don't feel like going out of state, try to negotiate other stuff into the deal (first service, stage one, install on all the parts you buy with the bike). You should be able to get about $2k worth of stuff if you pay MSRP.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 AM
stevemucha1
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought my 2010 Street Glide 2 years ago at Granite State in Lebanon and paid $1,800 below MSRP. Not sure if they are still offering deals like that, but they had a bunch of SG's at the time. Laconia Harley in Meredith has a bunch of bikes on the floor. They said 400 during bike week and alot of Street Glides.

Quick Reply: Msrp