Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harmon Kardon 2012 Electric Glide Arcing sound out of speakers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
kingsrooke
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Harmon Kardon 2012 Electric Glide Arcing sound out of speakers!

Having a issue with the radio I think? When the radio is on or off sometimes I hear a sound that sounds like a wire is bare and it is making a cracking sound coming from my speakers. This only happens every once in a while and it happens when you are litening to music but is the most noticeable when radio is turned off. This only happens when the bike is being driven and the sounds comes from the speakers. I have had the fairing off and cannot find any bare wires or loose connections. Is this the radio itself? I have changed the factory speakers for some J&M speakers and have recently installed a hog tunes amp but this was doing this before I installed the amp. I did swap out the J&M's for the Hogtunes speakers that came with the amp. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Brian

Old 06-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Whiskersvtwin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have an answer for you. However, I am having a similar problem with my Hogtunes Amp but only out of the rear channel. I called tech support and they gave me some suggestions. Check rear pod speaker connections (check), check connections especially to the battery (check) change the rear and front outputs (check)..and ah-ha. When I switch the outputs, with the rear to the to the front and vice versa, I am getting the noise from my front speakers. There seems to be a problem with the rear channel output in the amp. I'm waiting for a callback now from Hogtunes.

I know this wasn't an answer, but know that you are not alone with this issue and I hope what I posted may help you troubleshoot.

Good luck,
Whiskers