Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your excuse?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 05:12 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: What's your excuse?

while i enforce traffic laws every day- i only ticket people who i arrest AFTER i stop them for the violation.

i stop someone for speeding- for one reason or another, i find drugs or a gun (or the car is stolen) and arrest them. i HAVE to issue the ticket because that was the probable cause to stop them... which led to their arrest.

if im not locking you up- you wont get a ticket from me.

BUT-i work in the SHlTTIEST ghetto's in Philadelphia and normal guys speeding on their HD's just doesnt happen. its urban, populated and dangerous.... and i love it.

when i do (on occasion) stop a 'normal' person for speeding (on a highway), as long as they werent a complete asstard- they too get the usual break. attitude plays an important part in the outcome of the stop. a simple "Officer, youre right. i was speeding and im sorry... it was a mistake." i can almost guarantee you that if all of your paperwork (and vehicle) is in order- and youre compliant and respectful (but not about to suck the cops dick), youll either get a warning or a substantially lower fine/offense.

troopers and traffic cops main function is traffic enforcement. thats their job... dont knock them for it. after all- they ticket the ******** who may just kill you or your family on 'the road'.