Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your excuse?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:07 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What's your excuse?

ORIGINAL: DDDeepdiver

ORIGINAL: t_m34

The question is who's made it down 301 in Florida on the way to Ocala, gotten a speeding ticket and talked their way out of THAT one. Now that would be something! Those local LEOs are murder and will cite you for a tick or two over the speed limit in some of those towns.

I've never been able to talk my way out of anything let alone a ticket. My wife, on the other hand, has been pulled over twice as many times and has gotten half as many tickets. Sheesh.
You now have to be at least 5 miles an hour over the speed limit to get a ticket in Fl. The state passed that law largely due to these towns on 301 ticketing drivers for a couple miles over the speed limit...... To the LEO who said that he sometimes tickets people for 2 miles an hour over the limit, you are one of the reasons some people have such a disdain for LEOs. I am from a law enforcement family...two brothers a sister and a nephew are leos, and i am a FF/EMT so i am not saying that because i have a dislike for leos. I just think that giving a ticket for 2 mph over is a very big Dick move on your part.
Correct me if I'm wrong but NO one on this post has said they had given someone a ticket for being 2mph over...(someone did say the reason to stop could be 2mph over ). Dont be too quick to jump on someone's back and call him a Dick. Get the facts first.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:09 PM
EasternSP
Banned

Received 24,867 Likes on 9,332 Posts

I really don't understand what saying "I'm sorry" to the LEO has to do with it. Like it's an offense to him that I was speeding? If that's the case, then it sounds like a personal grudge and I should have similar leverage in court. BTW, I have never, ever, ever gone over the speed limit with my scooter.

Really!

Old 01-11-2007, 08:27 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

When I get pulled over by Johnny law I pucker up and kiss as much *** as he wants.The one time I recently got out of a ticket for about 15 over I just said " man I know I wasn't payin' attn. and looked when I saw you" He said have a nice day and slow down.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:43 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

That one has worked for me as well!

Old 01-11-2007, 08:53 PM
cdale976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get stopped a couple of times a year.....yet to get but qa warnin. Generally tell the truth and treat the law manwith the same respect he shows me. talk if talked to and smile. hell i got hit by a couch that came of fthe back of a pickup in front of me after leaving a bar and the officer asked if i was drinking said yes with lunch at a place down the road. he smiled said nice piece of riding as he saw the skid marks and told me to stop for a coffee at the next diner. i did and he walked in so i bought him a java as well. now i ride with him a couple of times a year......

no **** just be yourself

Old 01-11-2007, 08:56 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just tell him........ I just shot my wife and gotta hurry to get this heroin to the dealer before my parole officer finds out,and I only have 2 min's left on the alarm on the ankle braclet.. works every time!

Old 01-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I generally ride 5-10 mph over the posted limit and have never been stopped and I have passed many a speed trap at such speeds. An AZ HyProl even passed me once as I was doing 65 in a 55 zone without his lights or siren. I guess they don't much bother big touring machines around here but I have seen bunches of Wannabe Knee Dragers pulled over every weakend.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped a speeder once and when I asked him why he was going so damn fast he told me that his wife ran away with a cop last week and he thought I was bringing her back...

Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 PM
oley55
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DDDeepdiver,

I think you may be slightly misinformed on the "You now have to be at least 5 miles an hour over the speed limit to get a ticket in Fl. The state passed that law largely due to these towns on 301 ticketing drivers for a couple miles over the speed limit......"

I believe it is FHP and FDOT policy (not law) that prohibits the LEO's from pulling you over and ticketing for less than 5. additionally, I believe they can still pull you over forsome other safety infraction and then hit you with a 3 MPH speeding ticket. I don't believe the local yokels in Lawtey, Hampton, Waldo, and etc conform to the state LEO's 5 mphpolicy.

and Ithink the 5 MPH thing only flys for highways and highwayspeeds. I wouldn't try doing 19 MPH in that 15 MPH school zone or 34 in a residential 30 mph zone either.............

jmo

Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: voodoodrug

I ask them to hurry-up and write the ticket
That causes my dyslexia to kick in, and it then takes me like 20 minutes to write it.

Quick Reply: What's your excuse?