Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for direct connect amp...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Looking for direct connect amp...

As the thread title says, I am looking for a direct connect amp for my 02 Ultra. I have seen where hawg Wired has a two channel direct connect, but, I need a four channel. I have looked at the Bazooka option, but, their literature states it will not work on an 02 with built in CB; I have the CB. Does anyone else make a direct connect setup? I do not want to have to run speaker wires from the amp to all four speakers. I currently have my tour pak mounted with a quick disconnect and that is why I want to keep the stock wiring. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,

Neil
RDMC

Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Warehouse41ant
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard the Kicker (Kuryakyn) amp first hand and it sounded pretty great to me. It is a 5 channel amp. It was certainly a huge upgrade from stock. He also had the kicker 6x9 bag-lid speakers and had upgraded the fairing speakers - This was on a SG. The 5th channel is intended to be for a sub. I believe they sell a 6" sub with enclosure for the saddle bag.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts

Ya don't need to run new speaker wires. Ya do need to splice into the speaker wires and maybe extend them at the amp. Ya will need to run a new power wire for the amp no matter how plug and play it is.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Neil
Road Captain

I don't mind running the power lines. I have looked at some of the amps that mention plug and play, but, they look like you still need to run their speaker wires to the speakers. There may be a simple plug into their amp, but I am looking for something like the Bazooka or the Hawg Wired that use the exitsing HD harness to power the speakers.

Neil
RDMC

Old 06-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil
I don't mind running the power lines. I have looked at some of the amps that mention plug and play, but, they look like you still need to run their speaker wires to the speakers. There may be a simple plug into their amp, but I am looking for something like the Bazooka or the Hawg Wired that use the exitsing HD harness to power the speakers.

Neil
RDMC
Why? It's a very simple procedure to cut the wires inside the fairing that go to the front and rear speakers; then, you take the ends from the radio as the inputs to the 4-channel amp, and use the other ends as the outputs from the amp. There's no need to run new speaker wires from the amp to the front or rear speakers.

Carl

Old 06-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Neil
Road Captain

Carl you have a point. I guess the other key factor is I'm really lazy; especially when it comes to electrical wiring. Part of my feeling is I would just rather plug/unplug and have the option returning everything back to stock.

Neil
RDMC