Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Max Pullback on 10" Paul Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
dschock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Max Pullback on 10" Paul Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars

I'm about to pull the trigger on Paul Yaffe 10" Monkey Bagger Bars. I'm only 5'7" and hope to be able to tilt them back at least a little. I know I can't go far without hitting the tank on a full turn. Anyone know the max pullback you can get on these bars without hitting the tank? They're expensive and a big PITA if they don't work out. But I'm sure someone will take them off my hands.

Pictures would be great if you have em.

dave

Old 06-15-2012, 09:44 AM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also 5'7" and I have the 10" Monkey Bars... pull the trigger! You will not be disappointed! I have mine fairly close to the fairing and I can still reach them comfortably... I could probably pull them back a full inch without hitting the tank if I needed to also.
Name:  2010SG012-1.jpg
Views: 11566
Size:  206.5 KB

Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 AM
HarleyLew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn! I must say that's a sexy beast there ICIBUY! What's the pull back on those? Did you have to change your cables, if so by what lengths?

I'm looking to pull the trigger as well!

Thanks!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:04 AM
MLHJR1
Cruiser

I have the 12 inch bars on mine.. Not much room there.. but then again I did not do a lot of testing. I had my gas tank off when I was installing mine.
I did have to modify ,y Klock Werks 8.5 winshield to allow for the bars to go through them because they are so much taller.
Name:  2012-06-03_11-00-29_364.jpg
Views: 4119
Size:  214.1 KB

Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm 5'8 and had my bars close to the fairing when I first installed them for the look. But having a bad back I readjusted them back about three to four inches while I was sitting on the bike and re-tightened. Perfect for me now. You can pull them back pretty far without hitting anything, and I did have to go with a +4 on the clutch cable.

Before:

After:

Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyLew
Damn! I must say that's a sexy beast there ICIBUY! What's the pull back on those? Did you have to change your cables, if so by what lengths?

I'm looking to pull the trigger as well!

Thanks!
Thanks HL... I have them at approx 2" from the fairing, I could easily pull them back another inch... and if I still had the stock tank I could probably come back another 1.5"-2". They say with the 10" Monkey bars you don't need to change anything... however I wanted the black pearl braided cables anyway so I ordered a +2 clutch cable and a +2 brake line. Brake line is about perfect. Clutch cable is still to short... I can't route it how I would like and it has been pinched in the neck a couple times, I'm going to order a +6 clutch cable this weekend.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:44 PM
dschock
Cruiser

Thanks for the input guys. Great pics. Can't wait to get mine installed.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:54 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the 10" MB and I am only 5'7. I have them pretty close to the fairing. I had them pulled back before but I think they are more comfortable forward.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Odonns
Advanced
Default Max pullback on 10" Paul Yaffe monkey bagger bars

I'm also 5'7" and thinking of getting the 10 mbb's . For you guys that have them pulled back a bit off the fairing , any chance you could post a pic from the side. I'm worried they won't look as good as they do rocked against fairing.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:27 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Odonns
I'm also 5'7" and thinking of getting the 10 mbb's . For you guys that have them pulled back a bit off the fairing , any chance you could post a pic from the side. I'm worried they won't look as good as they do rocked against fairing.
You really think someones going to say, "those bars look terrible in the position their in"...Put them in the position that's comfortable for you, who gives a rats *** what others say!!!!!

Quick Reply: Max Pullback on 10" Paul Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars