Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Radio Questions......

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 02:02 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default More Radio Questions......

I seen on here cpl months back some one had the iphone on his dash on a street glide I was hoping to see the diffrent ways to hook a iphone to the bike like to go above the radio.....

also what imputs are on the back of the stock HK radio for the iphone plug?

Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 AM
Esuomm1
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the back you can use one of those inline radio antenna adapters I think or use this technique to add an aux input to the back of your radio. That's all.

http://blog.ironacesspeedshop.com/ho...vidson-stereo/

Old 06-14-2012, 04:09 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

wow I figured there was outputs on the back........

what the deal with this one? it has the jacks on back?
http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/pro...rdwire-kit.cfm

Old 06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by firecatguy

sure send yours in, and your $$$ too and they will put jacks on the back.

the isimple in your link still plugs into the front of the radio for audio, the added deutsch plug is just for power...

I have the same cable which cost me $15 and I tap power from the lighter

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 06-14-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Esuomm1
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by firecatguy

It does (for non stock radios) but it also has the aux adapter you can use in the front or the back if you decide to add that to your radio and the plug for the accessory plug under the seat I believe.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:21 PM
wudwork
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux connector, phone on bike

The "ironaccessspeedshop" website involves taking radio out of bike and soldering some wires inside. At the same time, you can cut a trace on the radio board. That cutting (VERY simple and very well documented on ironspeed website) is critical.

To get a device (android, iPhone, iPod etc..) connected to bike, so audio plays thru bikes speakers and handlebar volume control works you have 2 options.

Option 1: Plug headphone cable from device into AUX port on front of the radio. Keep in mind, once you plug this in, the radio stays in AUX mode.

Option 2: Do the ironaccessspeedshop mod then run the same headphone cable (and USB power cable) down handlebar and into fairing. The headphone cable plugs into the connector you installed via ironspeed. Wire the USB power cable to the cig. lighter wires (see below). This results in a clean look.

Option 3: Get a bluetooth setup in your helmet and pair that to your device. This will NOT allow volume control via handlebar.

Why the ironaccessspeedshop mods? The AUX jack locks the radio into AUX mode once you plug something into the front jack. It does the same using the rear jack; unless you cut the trace on circuit board. That "trick" allows full functionality of radio even while something is plugged into AUX jack.

How do you hold phone on bike ?
I got a RAM mount ($25) X-Grip holder from gpscity.com Click HERE for info. It is EXCELLENT as it holds almost any phone, with case/cover/holder etc. Keep in mind, its a harley so the phone will shake quite a bit but its very secure in this very simple holder. YES, you need some way to mount the X-Grip. I chose the ball mount setup. I put THIS HOLDER , for $13, on mine. Then I connect X-Grip to the ball mount with THIS ADAPTER. for $12.

What about cables ?
For my Android, I have micro USB power cable. I bought THIS ONE which is a 90 degree on the micro USB (phone) end, cut the big connector off and solder it to an LM7905 (use a heatsink). This avoids using any cig. lighter plugs and is all wired under fairing. For the audio, I used THIS CABLE Notice this also has the 90 degree connector at phone.

Hope this helps, Tom

Why bother

Old 06-19-2012, 02:40 PM
leadermc
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We have a number of different phone mounts for motorcycles. Most are chrome (or black) and made in the USA. Waterproof options, iPhone-specific options, universal options with swivel capability... check them out here: http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/moto...-phone-mounts/