Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLATINUM AIR...JACKPOT

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts
Default RE: PLATINUM AIR...JACKPOT

Hey Bryan - Your ride looks a little more torn down than I would have thought for an air suspension install..... In one of the shots, it looks like your inner primary was off. What new toys are you installing now, besides the Platimun kit obviously?

Old 01-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

[:-]yall wasnt sposed ta see that...fixin to take the bike to Bart at Cateye Customs in Russelville so's his team can yank the gearset and send em off to Spyke....they will fiddle with the 1&2 gears and add a 6th...i'm speedin up the primary...goal is to have a wide ratio 6 sp that'll pull wheelies and cruise at 70 with 2500 rpm...just gettin ready for some touring

according to Bart, Spyke(maker of badass starters and other race type/custom parts) has a very nice plan for 6sp's to rival or even eclipse what Baker is doing...i'm tryin it

Old 01-14-2007, 02:38 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

Sounds like a solid plan. Can't wait to hear the review.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:01 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice setup Bryan. Looks sick!

It is hard for me to obtain some information regarding their tranny. I never got a PM back from the guy.

Can you tell me about it?

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

[:-]yall wasnt sposed ta see that...fixin to take the bike to Bart at Cateye Customs in Russelville so's his team can yank the gearset and send em off to Spyke....they will fiddle with the 1&2 gears and add a 6th...i'm speedin up the primary...goal is to have a wide ratio 6 sp that'll pull wheelies and cruise at 70 with 2500 rpm...just gettin ready for some touring

according to Bart, Spyke(maker of badass starters and other race type/custom parts) has a very nice plan for 6sp's to rival or even eclipse what Baker is doing...i'm tryin it

Old 01-14-2007, 05:15 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: shooter64

Surely, you arent trying to compare the plantiums to the corvette shocks are you.
Actually yes, I am trying to compare. Dont take it personally, but if Im going to invest $1200.00 more in another air ride suspenion I want to make sure there aren't going to be the same problems that i had with this system!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

hey DI....there is NO comparison....shocks are made for our bikes...valving to eliminate pogo action...stops built in the shocks keep the tire from even gettin close to the fender...ability to adjust ride height PLUS adjust for ride firmness....fit is awesome with a machined cutout on the top mount to clear fender struts...hiem ends on both mounting bosses...beautiful chrome finish....to me, its more than 3 times the quality of the crap DB system....i've only ridden on em once for a few miles but i did seem to have a much better ride than i've had to date on my SG....PLUS...Bart will take em back if you dont like em, and he aint hard to find

Old 01-14-2007, 02:46 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

Ok that's the kinda endorsement im looking for!!

Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 AM
jmorton10
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my Platinum system yesterday, WOW the quality is very impressive(much better than my buddies Hi-Lo system). Unfortunately, I have 8 inches of snow in my driveway, so it will be a while before I get to try the setup. :-(

One thing I noticed is that the instructions suck big time. I was a mechanic for years &I don't need instructions, but it is just one typwritten sheet with no pictures or diagrams of any kind & no wiring diagram. The sheet doesn'texplain where to mount the compressor or the valve & relay either.

~John

Old 01-24-2007, 12:05 PM
WISHBONE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAS ANYONE REPLACED THEIR DRAGGIN BAGGER SHOCKS WITH THESE? THESE LOOK TO BE THE DEAL SINCE YOU ALREADY HAVE ALL THE OTHER PARTS....

Old 01-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

J...I put the comp on the horn side under the side cover...cant do that if you have cruise....i quick tied the valve to the ECM

Quick Reply: PLATINUM AIR...JACKPOT