Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap sleek seat for tour pack removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:25 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Cheap sleek seat for tour pack removal

I am looking for options on a seat to buy for when I remove my tour PAC. I currently have the stock EGC seat wich is too big on rhe back end to look sleek, and I have what I would consider as the very best seat, A road zeppelin. But it looks even bigger with the pack off.

So far I am looking for a used seat, and found 2 that I think will fit what I am looking for:

Stock road glide seat (but these have been selling on eBay for an average of $150)

And the badlander ( has no slot for drivers back rest) selling for an average of about the same)

What other options are available to suit the look I am going for. That I can find cheap.

Last edited by steelerdude1; 06-08-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Bigdad68
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DON'T get a Badlander! My brother bought one and rode home and right back to the dealer to return it. He said it was like riding on cardboard!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:01 AM
CornbredNE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I am looking for options on a seat to buy for when I remove my tour PAC. I currently have the stock EGC seat wich is too big on rhe back end to look sleek, and I have what I would consider as the very best seat, A road zeppelin. But it looks even bigger with the pack off.

So far I am looking for a used seat, and found 2 that I think will fit what I am looking for:

Stock road glide seat (but these have been selling on eBay for an average of $150)

And the badlander ( has no slot for drivers back rest) selling for an average of about the same)

What other options are available to suit the look I am going for. That I can find cheap.
I'm going to have to disagree with the other guy. I just took my badlander off after nearly 2 years running it, and it's a great seat and I loved the feel of riding it. It does sit low, and farther back, but that was ideal for me.

I only replaced it when I finally coughed up the $500 for the LePera Daddy Long Legs seat (that has a larger back seat area for the passenger/wife). Arguably, I really liked the Badlander, but the LePera rides so comfy that even though I prefer the look of the Badlander, I haven't put it back on.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:09 AM
blackflame
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1

Hey we got the same bike. How do you like your new bars, mine feel to low and not wide enough for my liking.
Steve in Ct

Old 06-09-2012, 08:38 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by blackflame
Hey we got the same bike. How do you like your new bars, mine feel to low and not wide enough for my liking.
Steve in Ct
Great minds think alike, LOL.

I like my new bars. they are wider then stock, and that is what took me a bit to ge used to. The height is good, but I do kind of wish I went with the 12's, but I didn't want to spend the cash for extended cable and brake lines. all in all I am happy with them.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

With an '06 bike you will need to be careful because the dash lenghts where a lot different then between models.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:41 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
With an '06 bike you will need to be careful because the dash lengths where a lot different then between models.
Yeah, kinda sucks, the only other touring bikes with the short dash is the road glide, I thought about a street glide or road king seat, but they have the shorter dash, and I would have to put an extension on, but I want an easy on/off, because I will run the tour pak and zeppelin most of the time.

Any other idea?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:29 PM
HogglyWoggly
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

+1 Badlander

Attached Thumbnails Cheap sleek seat for tour pack removal-eguc-profile.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:46 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Hotop makes a dash extender. I used one on my 04 egc when I took the tour pack off and used a seat from a rkc and it was dirt cheap looked great. harley also sells an extender but it does not look as good as the Hotop one.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:48 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 on the badlander, been running it on my Ultra for awhile now. I'm 6ft2 and able to move back without feeling like I'm getting jammed up by a backrest or such.

Works for me. Seats are a pain because unless your going to run a solo seat it gets into some money trying to find the right seat.

Quick Reply: Cheap sleek seat for tour pack removal