Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rpm/mpg

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012 | 09:34 PM
edge540steve
Cruiser

Originally Posted by shooter5074
55 in 6th is 2200 rpm. But with your mods you moved your power band up in the RPM range. In other words, you all but eliminated your low end torque.

Everything from "It's a 12' Limited" on explains your mileage. You're not going to get good mileage with those mods, and the way you ride.

RTFM means Read the f'ing manual
Yep thats why I took all that stock **** off, 60 Hp at the rear wheel just aint getting it. Its all good, I would have bought alot of other things if I wanted MPG. I bet Honda is making some kinda 2 wheel prius with a little green light on the dash that comes on when you find the "sweet spot" in the MPG Department. If I ever run 55 for more then a few minutes on flat ground with no corners and im not grabbing a gear Ill just go ahead and donate the scoot to someone with some *********.

Not real sure why you indicate that I should read the manual, I actually know a little bit about my bike. I know enough not to ride it in 6th a 55 for christ sake, might do it coming down the back side of a mountain pass at idle but no. I shift into 6th a 75 and keep going.

To each his own but I wouldn't own a Stock Harley.

Ride safe Sir and have fun doing it your way.

Old 06-08-2012 | 09:41 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
From: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians

Originally Posted by edge540steve
Yep thats why I took all that stock **** off, 60 Hp at the rear wheel just aint getting it. Its all good, I would have bought alot of other things if I wanted MPG. I bet Honda is making some kinda 2 wheel prius with a little green light on the dash that comes on when you find the "sweet spot" in the MPG Department. If I ever run 55 for more then a few minutes on flat ground with no corners and im not grabbing a gear Ill just go ahead and donate the scoot to someone with some *********.

Not real sure why you indicate that I should read the manual, I actually know a little bit about my bike. I know enough not to ride it in 6th a 55 for christ sake, might do it coming down the back side of a mountain pass at idle but no. I shift into 6th a 75 and keep going.

To each his own but I wouldn't own a Stock Harley.

Ride safe Sir and have fun doing it your way.

The thread is about MILES PER GALLON, not the size of your nuts...... good for you. Grow the **** up. Wow.... guess I cant say **** here.

I went over your previous posts on this thread...........................

Can I say douchebag? Well, there you go......TROLL

And I've been doing it my way riding Harley's for 46 years. I average over 100,000 miles before selling/trading them in. I've never had to do more than normal maintenance, except for a few head gaskets on my Panhead. Never, EVER had to do a rebuild on any of them ..... I'm on number 11 so far. DO THE MATH..... you can ask your Mom to help you.

I apologize to everyone else in this thread.......but DUDE, your are one of the people who give this board a bad name. GROW UP..... and go away. This is the TOURING forum.

Now, go jump on your HOG, ride to the bar, and tell everyone how you told off a 60 year old biker on the internet.

Last edited by shooter5074; 06-08-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-08-2012 | 10:18 PM
edge540steve
Cruiser

The thread is about MILES PER GALLON, not the size of your nuts...... good for you. Grow the **** up. Wow.... guess I cant say **** here.

I went over your previous posts on this thread...........................

Can I say douchebag? Well, there you go......TROLL

And I've been doing it my way riding Harley's for 46 years. I average over 100,000 miles before selling/trading them in. I've never had to do more than normal maintenance, except for a few head gaskets on my Panhead. Never, EVER had to do a rebuild on any of them ..... I'm on number 11 so far. DO THE MATH..... you can ask your Mom to help you.

I apologize to everyone else in this thread.......but DUDE, your are one of the people who give this board a bad name. GROW UP..... and go away. This is the TOURING forum.

Goddam your a Grumpy Old ****$ucker arent ya? Didnt Mean to **** in your cheerios man. You done having your tantrum???

Old 06-08-2012 | 10:29 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

Goddam your a Grumpy Old ****$ucker arent ya? Didnt Mean to **** in your cheerios man. You done having your tantrum???

We were having a civil discussion on MPG here..... then you came along. YOU are why this board has a bad rep.

If you don't care about doing high miles per gallon ..... keep out. Keep your mouth shut.

Grumpy old ********..... you have no idea. 40 years ago I was sweating my ***** off in the A Shau Valley, thinking I was going to die..... I no longer take crap off of ****-ants like you.

If you want to play nice, then cool.

Contribute to the thread.

But the first thing you did was "call BS"??????????? Then you went downhill from there.

Play nice or go away.

EDIT.......

My wife came in and started reading this thread and said.... and I quote...."He really is a douchebag"

Last edited by shooter5074; 06-08-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-08-2012 | 10:51 PM
edge540steve
Cruiser

We were having a civil discussion on MPG here..... then you came along. YOU are why this board has a bad rep.

If you don't care about doing high miles per gallon ..... keep out. Keep your mouth shut.

Grumpy old ********..... you have no idea. 40 years ago I was sweating my ***** off in the A Shau Valley, thinking I was going to die..... I no longer take crap off of ****-ants like you.

If you want to play nice, then cool.

Contribute to the thread.

But the first thing you did was "call BS"??????????? Then you went downhill from there.

Play nice or go away.
Blah blah blah You were talking about MPG and so was I! Please excuse my ignorance as I had no idea that guys actually went out and rode there bikes in a straight line all day concentrating solely on MPG. I really dont see 50 MPG but if thats all your really after then I guess it could be done. Ever crack the throttle a little and see what happens?

Old 06-08-2012 | 11:16 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

Blah blah blah You were talking about MPG and so was I! Please excuse my ignorance as I had no idea that guys actually went out and rode there bikes in a straight line all day concentrating solely on MPG. I really dont see 50 MPG but if thats all your really after then I guess it could be done. Ever crack the throttle a little and see what happens?
TOURING FORUM ? And the thread is about MPG.

Yeah I do crack the throttle from time to time. What's your point. The thread is about Miles Per gallon.

You were talking about LACK of miles per gallon. Fine.... start a thread about how to get the least MPG.

If you don't want to learn, that's up to you.

If you want to be disrespectful...... fine...... you'll get your **** jumped.

If you choose to respectfully contribute .... you'll get respectful replies.

Or you can continue to be a douchebag, and I'll just chalk you up as just another organ donor in waiting.

Old 06-09-2012 | 01:40 AM
edge540steve
Cruiser

Play nice or go away.

EDIT.......

My wife came in and started reading this thread and said.... and I quote...."He really is a douchebag"
Can I buy the Lady a drink? I cant win this fight but if I can change her mind your gonna hear about it

This gets me thinking...My wife "Aint goin" 1200 miles for me solo...900 for you riding 2 up.... "Bet I can burn more fuel"

Old 06-09-2012 | 04:58 AM
DresserDude
Road Warrior

I always get better CITY mileage than HIGHWAY! I ride nice and easy through the city but if I'm on the interstate I'm usually around 3,000 rpm's and the mileage goes down the crapper.

Old 06-09-2012 | 08:05 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

Can I buy the Lady a drink? I cant win this fight but if I can change her mind your gonna hear about it

This gets me thinking...My wife "Aint goin" 1200 miles for me solo...900 for you riding 2 up.... "Bet I can burn more fuel"

She has her own Harley.....I don't have passenger pegs. And look at the back seat on my bike. Would you put your lady on that? I'll be watchin her in the mirrors.

Our last day in the Hills is always a lazy one, after a week of riding, and in preparation for the ride home. We hang around Main street, watch the bikes start to roll in, people watch, and lunch at the Full Throttle .....they do actually have good food. So we'll be at the Throttle on Aug 2 somewhere around lunch time. My bike is easy to spot in the sea of black bikes

Last edited by shooter5074; 06-09-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-09-2012 | 09:02 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Arrow

Too bad this thread is going downhill 'cause someone got their panties in a bunch. There are lots of mods that can effect your mileage just like your riding style can. After my original dynotune for a stage I upgrade my bike ran fine but mileage suffered at hwy speeds. I found a different Dynojet tuner and he retuned it for the hwy speeds I ride 65-85. I went from the low 30's mpg to mid 40's. The bike runs even better. I'm happy.

Me and Sammy Hager have the same problem; "I can't drive 55"

Quick Reply: rpm/mpg