Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What year seats will fit 2008 FLHX? (also, seat recommendations)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012 | 03:05 PM
Thor
|
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It does include it, I wrote first to check

I was thinking of starting a new thread, but I'll lay it out for input on here as well...
I'm definitely going to get a solo, and with my height (lil over 6ft, with, as my momma used to put it, monkey arms LOL) I want to get low and back as far as possible without sending it to get modded. And on a tight budget (ie; those 500 - 700 dollar beaut's are outta reach). Heres what I have found so far:

Used C&C - probably the best out of the bunch on my budget, all depends on the bidding though.
LePera Bare Bones - looks great, ride opinions vary
Danny Grey Buttcrack Solo - Looks good, curious about the ride....it will either be real comfy, or give the rider a numb taint after 50 miles...any user feedback?
HD Brawler Solo - 299 from the dealer, but with my kids employee discount, it'll be around 225.

So whatcha think?

Old 06-07-2012 | 05:00 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 132 Likes on 105 Posts

I do have the HD Brawler but so far I cannot make a comment about long range comfort. It sat me back and down a bit, both were welcome, but I don't have enough miles on it to really endorse it. So far I like it, seems well built and the cover is real leather not vinyl like the stocker. For 225 I would think that it's a very good value in comparison to most other new saddles.

Old 06-07-2012 | 05:13 PM
Thor
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by qtrracer
I do have the HD Brawler but so far I cannot make a comment about long range comfort. It sat me back and down a bit, both were welcome, but I don't have enough miles on it to really endorse it. So far I like it, seems well built and the cover is real leather not vinyl like the stocker. For 225 I would think that it's a very good value in comparison to most other new saddles.
I think that's a huge plus as well...leather as opposed to vinyl. My stocker is falling apart (seams splitting, etc) after only 18k miles...I've had it out in all weather, and it's had its share of getting wet, but damn, it should hold up a little better

Old 06-07-2012 | 06:05 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I have '08 RG seat I use for local riding. I like the seat a lot and it looks good too.

Old 06-07-2012 | 11:00 PM
Bigdad68
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C&C will sit you down and back. Chuck uses high grade vinyl or can do leathers if you choose. He did not recommend leather for me as I am in Az and ride to work daily with no shade to park under. If you can get the Harley seat for $225 I would have to consider that. Maybe if the kid works there you have the advantage of sitting on it before buying. Most of us don't get that option.

Old 06-08-2012 | 01:00 AM
Thor
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bigdad68
C&C will sit you down and back. Chuck uses high grade vinyl or can do leathers if you choose. He did not recommend leather for me as I am in Az and ride to work daily with no shade to park under. If you can get the Harley seat for $225 I would have to consider that. Maybe if the kid works there you have the advantage of sitting on it before buying. Most of us don't get that option.

I'm thinking that too...I have to see if there's any bikes up there with the Brawler on it. If I order it, I'm lookin at 7 days till it arrives.

Old 06-08-2012 | 02:09 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm using an 09 roadglide seat on my 08 streetglide and it's a perfect fit. it's also great looking and much more comfortable than anything else i've tried. the sundowner seat i had on my bike for two weeks,sucked in my opinion. even the stitching in the roadglide seat matches up with the tank console. it's far more comfortable for the passenger also as it does not slope down for the passenger section like the stock streetglide seat does.

Old 06-08-2012 | 02:46 AM
Thor
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by emwolb
i'm using an 09 roadglide seat on my 08 streetglide and it's a perfect fit. it's also great looking and much more comfortable than anything else i've tried. the sundowner seat i had on my bike for two weeks,sucked in my opinion. even the stitching in the roadglide seat matches up with the tank console. it's far more comfortable for the passenger also as it does not slope down for the passenger section like the stock streetglide seat does.
I like how the lines match up so well, Wish they had a solo that blended so well LOL

Old 03-02-2016 | 11:43 AM
2boricuas
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Heated hammock seat

Originally Posted by BadX
Any touring bike seat from 2008-2012 will fit a 2008 with no problem. I would stay away from the 2009/10 seats from HD they were all built on the Hammock seat pan which is a POS the 11/12 seats are the best imo as far as stock type seats go.
Hello saw this post and would like to know in your opinion would a heated hammock seat from 09 and up fit on a 08 ultra? Would the 08 have the plug needed? Thank you in advance for any help.

Old 03-02-2016 | 01:30 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Thor
Like title says...I have an 08, last year of the old frame, but 1st year for the 6 gallon tank. I've been scouring the boards & Ebay looking for used Solo seats (Wife rides her own, youngest kid getting to the age where it's uncool to ride bitch on dads bike, so no reason to keep 2-up on there all the time). I see a lot of listings for 88-07, or 09 & up. Did I wind up with a bastard year?

Also, the two that seen to drop low and back (something I want) is Lepara Bare Bones, and Mustangs Solo model. Any opinions from users? I don't have 500-600 to drop on a high end seast, so the price has to hover in this general price range.

Thanks in advance
==============================

Here's a high end seat to chk out thats basically " NEW " (less then 600miles on it) @ 1/2 price inc backrest and rain covers.

Scott

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141913190178...84.m1555.l2649

Quick Reply: What year seats will fit 2008 FLHX? (also, seat recommendations)