Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What year seats will fit 2008 FLHX? (also, seat recommendations)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012 | 08:24 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LynnSG
do you have a pic of the RG seat on your bike?
2008 Road Glide seat:

Old 06-07-2012 | 08:40 AM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a C&C Solo on the UPS truck today. Had two of them for my FatBoy, now one for my Street Glide. Very comfortable and priced right. Hurry up Big Brown!

Old 06-07-2012 | 08:52 AM
LynnSG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
2008 Road Glide seat:

sharp ride. seat looks good on there too. Thanks for the pics.

Old 06-07-2012 | 09:36 AM
Thor
|
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

2008 Road Glide seat:

Looks good! I like how the seams line up perfectly with the dash, and carry it back to the mounting bolt...and some continuity to it.

Old 06-07-2012 | 09:55 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LynnSG
sharp ride. seat looks good on there too. Thanks for the pics.
Thank you for the nice comment, I spent more money on that bike than my new Screamin' Eagle cost. lol

Originally Posted by carpenter115
Looks good! I like how the seams line up perfectly with the dash, and carry it back to the mounting bolt...and some continuity to it.
It does look prefect for the bike.

It is a comfy seat front and rear, it is narrow in the front also so your feet are easier to plant on the ground.
I have seen several bikes in advertizemenst that have this seat on them.
I still use it when I take the Tour Pak off. Because it looks so sleek.

Low milage ones are still findable. I had put 30,000 miles on the first one I had, then last summer I was cruising eBay and found 2 more that were less than 300 miles and less than 100 miles. I bought one and sold my old one.
I couldn't really tell much difference between the old one ond the new one, it was holding up really well. But I thought I might as well start over for the $25 difference I ended up paying.

Old 06-07-2012 | 10:10 AM
Thor
|
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll keep an eye out for the RG seat. Right now I'm bidding on an C&C Solo similar to Bigdad68's, only difference is it is "ostrich grain". I'm high bid @ 160 so far (plus 20 in shipping), so if that pans out I'll be estatic....I really like how BigDads looks

Old 06-07-2012 | 11:36 AM
LynnSG
Road Captain

Thank you for the nice comment, I spent more money on that bike than my new Screamin' Eagle cost. lol

It does look prefect for the bike.

It is a comfy seat front and rear, it is narrow in the front also so your feet are easier to plant on the ground.
I have seen several bikes in advertizemenst that have this seat on them.
I still use it when I take the Tour Pak off. Because it looks so sleek.

Low milage ones are still findable. I had put 30,000 miles on the first one I had, then last summer I was cruising eBay and found 2 more that were less than 300 miles and less than 100 miles. I bought one and sold my old one.
I couldn't really tell much difference between the old one ond the new one, it was holding up really well. But I thought I might as well start over for the $25 difference I ended up paying.
called my dealer and that seat is still available. its not in production anymore but there are still some that they can get a hold of. 325.00 new. i will look around and see if i can find a good used one. if not i may just go ahead and get one ordered from them.

Old 06-07-2012 | 11:49 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 132 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdad68
C&C includes the bracket for the solo seat.It is two into one bolts same as all Harley touring bikes.

Call Chuck, you won't be disappointed. Search C&C on here. I have never heard a bad word yet.
I think it would be safe to assume all solo saddles include the plate, my HD Brawler Solo came with it. There is no set spot where the rear of a solo saddle attaches. The rear mounting point of a solo saddle could be anywhere and length the seat pan would be the deciding factor of how to make the plate.

Old 06-07-2012 | 02:35 PM
Bigdad68
Cruiser

Carpenter: MAke sure if you are bidding on a used one that they are including the bracket.

Qtrracer: you are probably right, I just remember that one of the seats I looked at the mounting hardware was extra and required. So I thought I was special when C&C included it.

Old 06-07-2012 | 02:44 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

just got my C&C Solo delivered two hours ago. Took it out of the box, put it on, and noticed, there was no hole to mount it on the fender. Thought, crap, they sent me the wrong one...but after the excitement level went down I looked in the bottom of the box and found a invoice and directions and THE bracket. Smart guys at C&C. But had me worried for a minute. Looks good on the bike, sits me down and back.....perfect for my long legs.

Quick Reply: What year seats will fit 2008 FLHX? (also, seat recommendations)