Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What year seats will fit 2008 FLHX? (also, seat recommendations)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012 | 06:01 PM
josh1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a Brawler for my 2010 FHLX!
Its a super comfy seat and looks good.

Old 06-06-2012 | 08:06 PM
Bigdad68
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a big fan of C&C Seats for a great looking solo that is comfortable on a long ride. Lots of options.

Old 06-06-2012 | 08:37 PM
98fxstc1
5th Gear

C & C makes the best seat for the $

Old 06-06-2012 | 08:45 PM
Red.Road.Glide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been really happy with the HD Signature Series Touring Solo Seat w/Backrest... It also fits an '08. I've had it for almost four years now and it's ridden well and is holding up well.

Old 06-06-2012 | 09:26 PM
wu8always
Novice

i road the new cvo road glide last weekend. i really liked the seat on it. not sure what seats they put on CVO's. Does anyone know?

i bought my bike used, and the guy had put a different seat on. i'm not sure which one it is, but it's one of the HD seats. it's not too bad, just can't tell you which one it is....

Old 06-06-2012 | 09:38 PM
Thor
|
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dbell66253
The tank made the difference for the seats, not the frame. Any seat 08 up will fit that is made for the touring models.
Originally Posted by qtrracer
What he said.
Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
What they said.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Originally Posted by BadX
Any touring bike seat from 2008-2012 will fit a 2008 with no problem. I would stay away from the 2009/10 seats from HD they were all built on the Hammock seat pan which is a POS the 11/12 seats are the best imo as far as stock type seats go.
I'll have to check some out.

Originally Posted by WilkyinNH
Went to my local dealer today looking for a new seat for my 08 Ultra and saw a very nice one for 700 bucks air ride. Now i have to figure if I want air or heat. decisions decisions.
That's waaaaay outta my budget

Originally Posted by harleybill2008
Get yourself an 08 Road Glide seat. Much nicer than the street glide....What I did and i love it.
I'll keep an eye out

Originally Posted by Bigdad68
I am a big fan of C&C Seats for a great looking solo that is comfortable on a long ride. Lots of options.
THAT I wouldn't mind having...I'll have to look into c&c more. My rear seat mount is different though....I have the 2 bolts (then the single bolt at the end of the p-pad)

Originally Posted by Red.Road.Glide
I've been really happy with the HD Signature Series Touring Solo Seat w/Backrest... It also fits an '08. I've had it for almost four years now and it's ridden well and is holding up well.
That ones probably a little over budget too...I'm in "broke white boy" mode....My main reason for replacing is my stock seat is splitting at the seams (literally), and I figured if I gotta replace it, might as well go solo.

I didnt realize the front "catch" changed from 07-08. If all newer stuff fits though, that helps a bunch...I just have to check the rear mount...if they're all a single bolt like BigDads, I'm truly stuck with a one-year fluke :/

Old 06-06-2012 | 10:00 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 132 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by carpenter115
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

I'll have to check some out.

That's waaaaay outta my budget

I'll keep an eye out

THAT I wouldn't mind having...I'll have to look into c&c more. My rear seat mount is different though....I have the 2 bolts (then the single bolt at the end of the p-pad)

That ones probably a little over budget too...I'm in "broke white boy" mode....My main reason for replacing is my stock seat is splitting at the seams (literally), and I figured if I gotta replace it, might as well go solo.

I didnt realize the front "catch" changed from 07-08. If all newer stuff fits though, that helps a bunch...I just have to check the rear mount...if they're all a single bolt like BigDads, I'm truly stuck with a one-year fluke :/
No you are not stuck with a 1 year fluke. That 1 bolt is on an adapter plate that uses the fender bolts to attach and gives you a single mounting point for a solo saddle. If you are not mounting a solo saddle this plate would not be used. The already present mounting point would be used. Don't over analyze this.

Old 06-06-2012 | 10:32 PM
Thor
|
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
No you are not stuck with a 1 year fluke. That 1 bolt is on an adapter plate that uses the fender bolts to attach and gives you a single mounting point for a solo saddle. If you are not mounting a solo saddle this plate would not be used. The already present mounting point would be used. Don't over analyze this.

That's a relief, thanks. I tend to do the overanalyzin' on occasion LOL.

Old 06-07-2012 | 01:45 AM
Bigdad68
Cruiser

C&C includes the bracket for the solo seat.It is two into one bolts same as all Harley touring bikes.

Call Chuck, you won't be disappointed. Search C&C on here. I have never heard a bad word yet.

Old 06-07-2012 | 07:19 AM
LynnSG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by harleybill2008
Get yourself an 08 Road Glide seat. Much nicer than the street glide....What I did and i love it.
do you have a pic of the RG seat on your bike?

Quick Reply: What year seats will fit 2008 FLHX? (also, seat recommendations)