Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what i found out about 903 recall and why ,,,,,,,going back to original MAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:46 PM
mtuck318
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what i found out about 903 recall and why ,,,,,,,going back to original MAP

I own an 07. It runs too hot. Exhaust ports can glow red. It is too lean. It pings under load. This 903 dowload helps until I add intake, exhaust and ful mgmt. system.

It is no surprise that this dealer replace two motors so far.

It is not all PILOT ERROR. Design compromises and 1st year quality can suffer.

Tuck

Old 01-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: what i found out about 903 recall and why ,,,,,,,going back to original MAP

fbb wrote: any thoughts out there ...............
Hey ffb, All my knowledge is from reading this and other forums and personal experience with my own bike and then drawing conclusion. In my opinion, and you asked for it, is that you need to get a PCIII from Fuelmotohttp://www.fuelmotousa.com/ and talk to Jammie. I think that you will be happy that you did.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:08 AM
ffb
Tourer

thank you gundog,

and i forgot to mention on my last post that i asked the dealer where the bike was that they buy the bike back and i was told that $ 15,500 was the best that they can do and suggested that i take it to honda ) goldwing ) or bmw (rt ) and i could get more for it there as a trade in ...........

so i decided to post as i did and explore the options and thank you.

i did call jaime a few days ago but he was kind of abrupt and the conversation lasted 20 seconds as i do not put up with atitudes .

so, i am doing my own thing and looking around.

did get an instant response from vance and hines with a 2 into 1 pipe suggestion and awaiting a db count from him because i do not want loud pipes .
,and now looking into a guy i know mailing me a pc3 and pre-programming it . i am awaiting to see if he can do it . and when i get back to conn. will the get the bike on the machine for him to fine tune.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:56 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jamie has been pretty good guy thus far w/many owners,always seemed to go out of his way to help someone.To the best of my knowledge he has stood behind his product.Either you or he may have had a bad day.A Sert or PC111 along w/AC and exhaust will help your heat ,pinging issues.Bike will run much better/cooler.That new download hasnt cured all bikes but what does anymore.A tourer isnt a sport bike never will be.Sounds like you should keep one and sell the other.Good luck.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:00 PM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My thoughts are this. Get rid of it you'll never be satisfied with harley

Old 01-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FLORDIDIAN... the downloads are nothing alike. The 0903 has more to do with timing....unlike the stage 1.
I had ping....In my case the answer is the PCIII, pipes, and SEAC. I'm pretty sure I've fixed mine for good....guess next summer will tell me for sure. Mine seems to run really well right now. Temp on Saturday was wind and upper 60s to start but dropped somewhat as the day continued. My ride involved several stops along the way....but I rode hard and it never pinged. BTW...I did do the 0903 in addition.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:05 PM
cdale976
Road Master

not sure where most are from but here in ne pa gettysburg hd is auth. pc111 tune site. they swear by them they will also sert....'
my issue is why do it to make bike run right the moco should do it
the 903 or "d"re flash i am told is for hp and torque curve at low rpms so the luggers don't rip the lower end apart on these strokers..as strokers go you do technically need to run at higher rpms for engine to perform. still in all should not make all sortsm of rackett if running resonably

Old 01-11-2007, 10:05 PM
ffb
Tourer

dsanchez,

yes i am doing the pipes ,etc.....and all is now in the works.looks like the v&h 2 into 1 and the pc3 .

but , i never had pinging ,except yesterday ,i think i heard it .post 903 recall.

and ,well ,will try to see if i can get it fixed.

and stafford, yes i may very well do that . the problem is that the bmw is too complicated nowadays ,too many computers and too few dealers . so i think that this is a no go.

and the honda is too massive.

maybe when the new concours ,based on the new zx14 ,i will bite .
but that is about a year away .in the meantime i will try to tame the street glide with all the usual mods .and i maybe i will drop by carl's in daytona ...and seewhat he says ........i was told he is the best .

but ,i will get this street glide to ride good before i give up.
it is a shame that we spend 23 plus g's on a bike and then have to spend more to undue what they did.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My ping was when the bike was under load...usually uphill and I cranked the throttle all the way back and held it there. The ping/spark knock/ detonation occured at high RPMs.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
ffb
Tourer

just read on the exhaust ,etc forum about the LSR BLACK HOLE exhaust................

anyone here tried this one ?

looks great and they say they are quiet ?????????????????

sounds interesting

Quick Reply: what i found out about 903 recall and why ,,,,,,,going back to original MAP