Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Horn installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Stormvet
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Horn installation

Bought a new HD air horn today for my 06 Electra Glide and got all the way home with it before I read the instructions. Itrefers tothe service manual that I do not have yet. It says refer to FUEL TANK-PARTIAL REMOVAL on the instruction sheet. This is the only area that I am not sure of so far. What are the procedures for this stepon an EFI model? I'll definately buy the manual on my next trip but I'd like to install the horn before heading back to work next week. Any suggestions are appreciated.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23013/2780A4A874AB45C5BF7922AB61BB0622.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-07-2007, 08:50 AM
krgs2k
Cruiser
Default RE: Air Horn installation

Air Horn install is a piece of cake. I did not remove
the tank to install on my 06 FLTRI. You can wire
the air hose and harness underneath the tank out
of site. The open the wiring try and route wiring
to the battery. Works great you will love the horn.
Gets cagers attention!

Old 01-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Lpye
Road Captain

Partial Tank removal is not a big deal. Pull your fuel pump fuse. Turn the bike on (not running) for a few seconds. This takes pressure off of the connector. The fuel line is a quick connect. Pop it loose. Remove the seat. There ar two bolts at the neck and I believe one on the rear of the tank under where the seat would rest. Remove them. Open your fuel filler and remove the two allen head bolts. There is a chrome allen head( maybe two) at the rear of the console. remove the fuel cap and lift the console up. You will need to unplug fuel sender wire and vent hose. Now you can raise the tank up toeasily route your wires and the vent line for the horn. It's really not as bad as it sounds. I have the HD air horn and love it.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:06 PM
simidonb
Novice

I just installed the air horn last week on my '99 Ultra. The partial removal of the gas tank was more than I wanted to tackle at the time. I fished the wires and air hose into the space between the tank and frame.
Had a little trouble getting theold mount off, put witha little application of forcefrom alarge pair of channel locks it finally gave in.
I was very pleasewith the sound, until I was riding and noticed that when I pushed the button, it introduced static into theheadset that wasn't present on the fairingspeakers.
With the help of a friend here onthis forum, (jlbowers,I think), I moved the ground farther away from thebattery terminal and the problem disappeared.

Now I have a two tone blast (horn and pipes) to rattle the cagers if the aren't paying attention.

Don

Old 01-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Stormvet
1st Gear

Thanks for the help. I hope to have it finished today sometime.