Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DNA Mammoth 52 spoke wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 04:05 AM
HDENGR
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile DNA Mammoth

I have the Mammoth 21"x3.5" front 18"x3.5" rear on my road king. I have ran these for two years, and roughly have 14,000 plus miles on them. I have had zero problems with the DNA to this point. cleanning is not fun, they will make you envey a fat boy solid wheel . The local bike shop in my area deals Ride Wright and really pushed me to go with RW, but i orderd the DNA myself. Since i have put my wheels on in early 2010, four people that i ride with have had there Ride Wright wheels lock up on them. The latest lock up was on a trip to texas last month, and we had to go back home and return with a trailor 8 hours away. I am the only local guy running the DNA, but if something happend to my wheel there is no way in H$LL i would put a Ride Wright on my bike. I have been very happy with my DNA and have personaly seen Ride Wrights hub lock up with less than 5000 miles on them.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:35 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My buddy have one on his '02 RK for two years now and no problems. He is very happy with it.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Straggler1
Stage II

My neighbor has 18 front and 16 rear DNA Mammoth 52's and he has had no issues with leakage or anything yet. I ordered mine the day after him and havent received my wheel yet. First the dealer I ordered from forgot to process the order. They made it right by rushing the order through DNA. The wheel arrived a week and a half later. Quality of the wheel looked great. DNA Mammoth 52 with black powder coated rim and hub, chrome nipples and twisted spokes. Oh wait those arent twisted spokes, DNA F***ed up and put the wrong spoke in the wheel. They put Teardrop spokes in. (OMG are those some ugly spokes in my opinion) So had to return the wheel which they sent me a RMA with a UPS Ground shipping label. I am in Florida and they are in California, so there's another week I have to wait. They said that they wont even begin to build the correct wheel unitl they receive theres back. Even though it was thier mistake. So now I am going on 2 months since I ordered the wheel. Hopefully I will get in in a couple weeks. With any luck the wheel will be correct this time with good quality. As far as customer service that cant be fixed. And I would not expect to get good customer service from this company.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
HandleBarLouie
Tourer

Originally Posted by HDENGR
I have the Mammoth 21"x3.5" front 18"x3.5" rear on my road king. I have ran these for two years, and roughly have 14,000 plus miles on them. I have had zero problems with the DNA to this point. cleanning is not fun, they will make you envey a fat boy solid wheel . The local bike shop in my area deals Ride Wright and really pushed me to go with RW, but i orderd the DNA myself. Since i have put my wheels on in early 2010, four people that i ride with have had there Ride Wright wheels lock up on them. The latest lock up was on a trip to texas last month, and we had to go back home and return with a trailor 8 hours away. I am the only local guy running the DNA, but if something happend to my wheel there is no way in H$LL i would put a Ride Wright on my bike. I have been very happy with my DNA and have personaly seen Ride Wrights hub lock up with less than 5000 miles on them.

Exactly how does the Ride Wright hub lock up? Im on the edge of my seat to hear a response to this one......

Old 07-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Pavo
Novice

I've had a 21 x 3.5 on the front of my 2008 Street Glide for a year now and no problems... I put a tube in it and a gas station air chuck doesn't fit between the spokes so I use a smaller chuck I found at Walmart to fill it at home... It will be a problem if I need to fill it on the road so I might put a tube with a shorter valve in it, but history tells I won't get around to that until after I'm stranded somewhere unable to fill my tire...

I was scared to buy it based on the horror stories on the forum, but I haven't had any problems and think the fat spokes look best on a bagger...anything else looks like a bicycle wheel...

I'm going to put a matching DNA on the rear as soon as I trip over that bag of money I've been waiting for...

Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Shiska420
Stage I

Originally Posted by WSRyda05
Folks,

I want to here from folks with DNA Mammoth spoke wheels that have recently purchased these wheels. Im getting mixed reviews from the searches Ive done on the forum, where some say bad and some say no problems at all, but most are 2 year old posts. I need some 2012 feedback. I like these wheels and for the cost its very tempting but I need to know if they have fixed the quality issues they had years ago.

Brian
I just took the plunge and ordered some.. They are currently being delivered. I went with the Diamond shape. It matches the rest of the bikes theme and looks easier to clean than the tear drop.

I was in same position, I read all the old posts.. But I did notice one thing, the first posts were good then they turned bad.. so I personally think it's negative internet marketing by another competing company and don't personally believe the negative remarks.. but I tell you what, if they turn out to be true, I'll let you know my 'Honest' opinion.

I'm switching from Dayton Wire Wheels, so my standards come set pretty high..

Ordered a week ago and I live in FL.

Last edited by Shiska420; 01-08-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 PM
PeteZ06
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 17 Posts

2000 miles on mine so far without any issues.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HandleBarLouie
Exactly how does the Ride Wright hub lock up? Im on the edge of my seat to hear a response to this one......
Im curious too seeing as though I cant seem to figure out how a wheel locks up even though it doesnt have any moving parts except for bearings maybe? I bet we wont get an response though...I bet you we wont!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:19 AM
menace929
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a set on my bike for about a year now with no problems. A buddy of mine and his father seen mine and both bought sets for their bikes and they have not had any problems either.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Keeper01
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had any issues with mine.

Quick Reply: DNA Mammoth 52 spoke wheels