Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Mean City Cycles thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:53 PM
My401k
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Another Mean City Cycles thread

Bought a 2011 Ultra Classic last year and put about 5,000 miles on her. This year we have rode 2,000+ miles and have several trips planned.
At 5'8 the stock seat had me on the ***** of my feet. I purchased the super reduced reach seat and my feet were finally flat on the ground.

Only problem with that is the seat pushed me forward almost 3", the extreme dip was crushing my boys
and there was practically no padding in the seat causing my a$$ to be extremely uncomfortable.

Mean City Cycles have a good reputation on the forums so I spoke with Steve and Allen this morning.
These guys are extremely helpful and they recommended the super narrow mod. Seat went out FedEx this afternoon.

Looking forward to the new seat!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Depdog
Tourer

I have a 2012 Street Glide and am 5'7" I did some reading and talked with Allen and the crew at Mean City Cycles a couple of times on the phone and via email. I purchased a used 2011 SG Seat from a member off this forum and had it shipped directly to Mean City.

My appointment was for yesterday, Allen called me yesterday morning about 10 am. My seat was ready and I paid for the mod and return shipping. I too did the Super Narrow. I live in GA so I am just one state away from them. This morning about 11am my doorbell rings and it's FedEx dropping off my seat.

Took about a 20 min ride this afternoon on the new seat. I can now reach the ground and move the bike around on my feet. Was very comfortable and I am very happy with the work they did.

I tried the Super Reduced Reach seat at the dealer and could not even get all the way down in the seat before my boys were in my throat. UGH, NOT a good seat at all for me.

You will be very happy with their mods.

Glenn

Old 05-22-2012, 07:41 PM
My401k
Cruiser

This gets me more excited to get the seat back. They mention that they re-shape the seat... what difference is there in overall looks of your seat compared to it's stock shape/size?

Old 05-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

Had my Ultra seat done and love it.....

Old 05-22-2012, 08:17 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My MeanCity seat is awsome. remmember don't judge it right away , it will keep getting better as it breaks in . Give it 600 to 1000 miles . mine was comfey outa the box . But it had a cpl small rinkles in the cover , they disapeard as it broke in looks great now . I have rode a few 500 mile days NP .

i had my stock 2008 FLHRC narrowed and lowerd and memory foam for comfort.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Moosestache
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a rip in my seat, emailed them Thursday morning, they said, get it here Tuesday and we will fix it up on Wednesday. I sent it to them that afternoon and it arrived on Monday. I saw that it had arrived Monday so I called to make sure it was all set. Allen told me it was there and they would fix it Tuesday and send it out to me that day. Got an email from them today it was on its way along with a tracking number. It will arrive on Thursday, so one week door to door, with the weekend taking up two of the days. Pretty damn tough to beat.

The bill from them, not including my shipping down was around $65 or so. I will let you know how it turns out, but how could you ask for better service. I was quoted over $90 to fix it around here and the local guy told me that the patching would be temporary and since it was on a seem it would probably bother again.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:43 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

5'7" w/ 29" inseam here. Allen modified my stock 08 FLHX seat 3 years ago. Lowering me 2 1/2", forward ~2" w/ memory foam. Super comfortable.

I'm glad I added the dual stage driver heater pad as well. Turns out I use it a lot more often than I think. Really comes in handy on cooler mornings/evenings.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 PM
madcardisease
Advanced

Just got mine back. The work was superb! Narrowed and lowered. It fits my *** like a glove!!! Very Comfy now

Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 AM
tringle
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I wasn't so lucky. After they reshaped the seat and added memory foam the seat was more uncomfortable then the stock. I returned it and of course I had to pay for the shipping. They added firmer foam which made the seat more comfortable, but not any better then stock. They do have great customer service though! Good luck.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:17 AM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

I just did 1000+ miles in 4 days on a Sundowner Solo seat that Mean City reworked for me awhile back. I had them take me back 2" and down 1". I had absolutely NO hotspots on my *ss, at the end of some 200 and 300 mile days.

The boys are happy, and I'm not all scrunched up on the tank.

Best $40 + shipping I spent on my Road King.

Right after that, I did a 200+ mile day on my Ultra with the stock seat. Had some butt burn after about 90 miles. I'm gonna have to get that seat over to them at some point.

Great folks to deal with, and since I'm in NC turn-around is fantastic!

Quick Reply: Another Mean City Cycles thread