Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Perfect Fishing Pole for a Harley

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:51 PM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Perfect Fishing Pole for a Harley

I'm sure that a good deal of the folks here go fishing. I thought I would share my experience/thoughts about the fishing pole I bought so I could ride my bike to go fishing.

I was at Gander Mountain and ran across the Shakespeare Travel Mate fishing pole. It's telescopic so it extends out to around 6'6" and has a handy little case that fits perfectly in the saddle bag... with a little room to spare. There are a few little compartments inside the case for some lures, hooks, sinkers, etc. I've been using it since last summer and love it so much that I bought one for my best friend for his ride.

I don't eat fish so I go the catch and release route. I just think fishing is the next best way to relax... after my Harley of course. May as well do both!

The price is $30 at both Amazon and Gander Mountain. I prefer Amazon for free shipping and no tax.

The following users liked this post:
FSantana (03-02-2017)
Old 05-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

I had to quit fish'in. Old lady thought I had a girlfriend.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:08 AM
racinghoss
Road Captain
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

'cause you smelled like fish?

Old 05-21-2012, 01:14 AM
dabluesguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But what if I catch a big one? I eat them. Then my breath smells like fish.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:18 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for something like this for a while now!

Old 05-22-2012, 12:21 AM
punisher660
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the one I use:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...Kit/704855.uts

Throw in some clear bobbers and dry flies, use 4lb test, and it is the perfect trout setup. Comes with a small tackle box for lures, swivels, weights, etc and fits in the saddle bag easily.

I will be using it this weekend on a bike trip through the SawTooth mountains in Idaho - I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:29 AM
cobby
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by punisher660
This is the one I use:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...Kit/704855.uts

Throw in some clear bobbers and dry flies, use 4lb test, and it is the perfect trout setup. Comes with a small tackle box for lures, swivels, weights, etc and fits in the saddle bag easily.

I will be using it this weekend on a bike trip through the SawTooth mountains in Idaho - I'll let you know how it goes.
Try Stanley Lake

Old 05-22-2012, 12:51 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Fishing Pole
A Polish man was stopped by a fishing warden.recently with 2 buckets of fish leaving a lake down in the country. the fishing warden asked the man, do you have a license to catch those fish?; the man replied to the warden; No Sir. these are my pet fish.; pet fish? the warden replied. Yes; Sir. Every night I take these fish down to the lake and let them swim around for a while. I then whistle and they jump back into their buckets; and i take them home. Thats a bunch of crap says the warden fish cant do that. The man looked at the warden for a moment and then said; Here i will show ya. it really works. The warden says ok ive got to see this. He was curious. So the man poured the fish in to the lake and stood and waited. After several minutes the warden turned to the man and said; Well? well what? the man responded. When are you going to call them back? Call who back? The fish ! the warden says. What fish? the man asked....

Last edited by drukanfu; 05-22-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

Two guys and a girl go fishing. They didn't catch a thing but she came big with a red snapper.

(My Girlfriend hates that joke, I used to tell it to her EVERY time we went by the fish counter)

Old 05-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Used to have a Zebco ultra-light open faced spinning that broke down in 4 or 5 sections. In a case about a foot long with a small compartment for really small lures. Carried it in the helicopter when I flew in WV and would fish sometimes while the "folks" were out inspecting something. Unfortunately the wicked witch of the west has it now.

It had really good action so a small fish was quite a fight.

The rod, not the wicked witch.

Quick Reply: Perfect Fishing Pole for a Harley