Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Phase 7 LED headlamp and passing lamps

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 07:39 PM
bucket772
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Phase 7 LED headlamp and passing lamps

Picked up a set of Truck Lite Phase 7 Headlight and passing lamps.

Install was quick and easy as others have said. I did have to buy the french trim rings. The passing lamps fit fine but the headlight stuck out like a sore thumb.

All I gotta say is WOW. Holy moly they are bright. I ride a lot in rural unlit areas. My only gripe is that when I come up on those super reflective, slime-lime, safety green color street signs and the high beam is on, it almost sends to much light back. A small price to pay I suppose. I did have a complaint from a rider in front of me that said they were too bright. In my defense, I do believe that the headlight is aimed a tad right as indicated by the hotspot. Also given the brightness of the main lamp I turned my passing lamps outward so as to better light up critters. A second test later with the passing lamps off yielded better results. With that said, at no time did I have any opposing traffic flash me. Perhaps that is because the headlight may be slightly aimed left or that it is just a well controlled light pattern.

Either way I am done with halogen lighting on the bike.

Also during that test I was able to observe a newly installed BAL-1. Good grief. I never knew how bright they were. I mean I've messed around in the garage with mine but a few hundred feet down the road and its crazy bright. To anyone who is on the fence about buying one, I highly recommend it.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

LED's all the way around including the BAL-1 Tailight, best money I've ever spent.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:26 PM
bucket772
Cruiser

All I'm missing is an LED on the front fender tip. Otherwise the bike is 100% LED. BAL-3S, H-D pancake turnsignals and now the Truck-Lite headlights. I'm gonna be looking for flowers from my charging system tomorrow

Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Phase 7, I gotta get me that set up. Need $ tho

Old 05-20-2012, 08:48 PM
bucket772
Cruiser

It is pricey yes, but spend a few hours behind them and you will happily fork over the loot. The Truck-Lite seems to rate right up there with the H-D and for the price of one headlight from H-D you can get the headlight AND passing lamps from Truck-Lite

Old 05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
14longshot
Advanced

Defiantly have to agree with bucket, I also have both the headlight and lamps and they are defiantly worth it.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:13 AM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you explain why you needed the trim ring? I thought it was a drop in replacement?

Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 AM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
Can you explain why you needed the trim ring? I thought it was a drop in replacement?
You don't NEED the trim ring to mount the LED headlight. But the whole assembly sticks out ~ 1" pass the OEM housing. It's for cosmetic reason.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:54 AM
bucket772
Cruiser

True, you don't NEED one. It just looks like *** without. Yes the light is a drop in replacement, its just thicker then the factory light.

Here is the before:

Here is the after:

Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 AM
thehueg
Cruiser

I see the need for the "French" ring. However, I have the trim ring that has a top lip, "visor" sort of sticking out on both the headlamp and the two spot/passing lamps. Will this style headlamp trim ring work with the phase 7 or will I have to get this French ring?

Quick Reply: Installed Phase 7 LED headlamp and passing lamps