Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has added the Wheel Dock Center Stand?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 03:12 PM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who has added the Wheel Dock Center Stand?

I had one on my 03 and am considering adding it to the new bike. I am just curious how many others out there have done it. I loved mine on the previous bike. You just have to know when to not use it (on an angle or downhill) and you are good to go. The bike takes up less room in the garage and it is easier to install farkle.

spiz

Old 05-20-2012, 03:34 PM
PhoneGuy-MI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got one - love it and use it for the reasons you listed. Easy and great mod that works as advertised.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:48 PM
gerogers1958
Stage III

have had one on my 05 roadking for several years all is good thinking about ordering one for my 2010 ultra limited. only thing i can add is not to leave it on the center stand while the motor is running it will or did with me jumped off the stand,
Glynn

Old 05-20-2012, 03:50 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Have it and I use it in my garage and sometimes to just sit on the bike when waiting, it's comfy to sit on the bike while on the stand. I have no complaints but it will hit on speed bumps and touch in corners sometimes.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Weekender2010
Intermediate

Sounds like you are already sold on it. Yep love mine as well.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:04 PM
jimclaypool
Tourer

Originally Posted by spizzyman
I had one on my 03 and am considering adding it to the new bike. I am just curious how many others out there have done it. I loved mine on the previous bike. You just have to know when to not use it (on an angle or downhill) and you are good to go. The bike takes up less room in the garage and it is easier to install farkle.

spiz
I just added one to my new 2012 Ultra Limited a couple of weeks ago. I had one on my 2007 that was totaled in a crash I had on March 11 and really liked it over the years. Interesting story on this new Wheeldock stand. I ordered the one for the stock suspension for the 2012 Limited. The installation was very smooth, but the stand did not seem to hold the bike like my old one. It seemed to be too short and was very unsteady with the bike on the stand. The afternoon I installed it, I sent a reply email to my Wheeldock order that I was not real happy with the stand and it did not work like the one on my old 2007. Within 10 minutes of me sending the email, Rod Brakhage, the owner of Wheeldock, called me on my home phone (said he looked me up in their customer database) and said he saw the email where I was not happy and he needed to get that resolved. He had me take a couple of measurements and verify the stencil on the leg so he was sure it was the "right" stand for the bike. He then had me put a 1/4 inch board under the stand and had me try the stand then. It worked perfect and just like my old 2007 stand. He said: "no problem Jim, I am personally going to get a new stand that is 1/4 inch taller than the stock one we shipped and put it on the UPS truck to you this evening". I checked my email a couple of hours after our phone conversation and there was the UPS shipping confirmation email already with my tracking number. That was GREAT customer service. Rod said he doesn't know why, but they had a few of the stands with that problem on some of the new 2012 Limiteds. The new stand worked great and of course, Rod included a prepaid shipping label in the new box for me to ship the old one back.

Rod and Wheeldock is a first class vendor. Had a problem and they clearly exceeded my expectations to fix the problem fast! I am a very happy customer of Wheeldock and the use of their center stand!

Old 05-20-2012, 05:22 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Love mine too. Agree about Rod and his customer service.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:29 PM
nivensid
Tourer

I have had mine for about 6 months. Like it for alot of reasons, one being it takes up less room in the shop.
The only thing I do not like is now I cannot use my jack to lift the bike, the mounting bolt hits one of the runners on the jack. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 05-20-2012, 06:33 PM
racklefratz
Road Master

Originally Posted by Weekender2010
Sounds like you are already sold on it.
That was my thought when I saw this. Why?

Old 05-20-2012, 06:35 PM
TN 0208
Intermediate

Installed one one on my 2012 Limited couple of weeks ago and really like arrived at the house two days after I ordered it. Also very easy to install

Quick Reply: Who has added the Wheel Dock Center Stand?