Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21 inch front wheel on a SG. Whats the ride like?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Lucasmaximus
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hogdiver96

Love the grips and bars. Who makes the bars and what are the dimensions?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Road Queen USA
Stage II
Default Beautiful Bike...What bars are those?

This bike is gorgeous! I just purchased a 2013 Road Glide Ultra 2 weeks ago and I love the bars you have on here!! What are they?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
I am not going to make the claim it rides better than stock, but it doesnt ride any worse either. Slow speeds take a little getting used to at first, but within 10 minutes you will be fine. People want to say that it effects long distance riding, but it is complete opposite. When I am on the highway I can not tell the difference between the 21 and the stock. I also lowered my front end about an inch

Old 01-31-2013, 02:57 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

for me, ride better than stock and very easy to be used too.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine's a road king, but same issues would apply, if there were any. Honestly the front end feels a bit heavier at crawling along speeds, like in a parking lot or somethin, and the ride may be a bit rougher... that one's actually hard to say, still rides on a cloud. I didn't lower the front end or anything, i decided once it was on there that i liked the way it looked raised a bit in the front. From my own experience, i wouldn't try to talk anyone out of a 21 based on handling issues.

Name:  IMG_1019_zpsb8d2d564.jpg
Views: 5426
Size:  114.0 KB

Old 01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Lifetimelifter
Banned

A lot of feedback at www.custombaggerforum.com

Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I am not going to make the claim it rides better than stock, but it doesnt ride any worse either. Slow speeds take a little getting used to at first, but within 10 minutes you will be fine. People want to say that it effects long distance riding, but it is complete opposite. When I am on the highway I can not tell the difference between the 21 and the stock. I also lowered my front end about an inch
I have to agree with this, however everyone reacts to changes differently. I do think I recognize that wheel too. that Outlaw looks great in a 21".

Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Road Queen USA
This bike is gorgeous! I just purchased a 2013 Road Glide Ultra 2 weeks ago and I love the bars you have on here!! What are they?

Thanks!
Thanks. I appreciate the compliment. They are Cyclesmith bagger bars. I like Road Glides with apes too, but I dont think my bars would look good on them. They have a bend for the batwing fairing and I think an ape bar without the bend would look better on the sharknose.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I have to agree with this, however everyone reacts to changes differently. I do think I recognize that wheel too. that Outlaw looks great in a 21".
Thanks Rob. I love it and get asked all time about it. I have to admit I have been very adamant about not getting the rear done, but I am starting to come around. You may be getting a call from me in the very near future.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:41 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks Rob. I love it and get asked all time about it. I have to admit I have been very adamant about not getting the rear done, but I am starting to come around. You may be getting a call from me in the very near future.
But you can't even see the rear wheel. It 's a bagger!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
tdd77
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Mine's a road king, but same issues would apply, if there were any. Honestly the front end feels a bit heavier at crawling along speeds, like in a parking lot or somethin, and the ride may be a bit rougher... that one's actually hard to say, still rides on a cloud. I didn't lower the front end or anything, i decided once it was on there that i liked the way it looked raised a bit in the front. From my own experience, i wouldn't try to talk anyone out of a 21 based on handling issues.

Sharp lookin bike! Is that the stock fender?

Quick Reply: 21 inch front wheel on a SG. Whats the ride like?