Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight, bulb crooked???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:57 PM
blackflame
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Headlight, bulb crooked???

Ok some may know i just bought this bike, while hanging out drinking and thinking a **** to spend money on, i noticed this? Bulb off center..
Steve in Ct

Attached Thumbnails Headlight, bulb crooked???-imag1240.jpg  
Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by blackflame
Ok some may know i just bought this bike, while hanging out drinking and thinking a **** to spend money on, i noticed this? Bulb off center..
Steve in Ct
Easy fix without removing the fairing. Remove chrome bezel (1 screw on the bottom), unscrew the 4 screws holding the bucket to the fairing and the headlamp/bucket will fall into your hands. Your see a clip holding the bulb into the headlamp. Remove it and straighten the bulb and re-install in the reverse order.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:10 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

you should fix that before it whacks the bulb.

either fairing off or remove the headlight assy from the fairing, your choice ( i hesitate to use the fairing screws too often in case one breaks, so I'd remove the headlight bucket and mount

after you take the rubber boot off, the retaining clip is released, ( at the 7 o'clock position, just push the tang from under the chrome clip)...and you'll see where the clip is released a black phillips head screw, this holds the diffuser.

align the diffuser and tighten the screw, bulb back in, clip, boot and remount.

Mike

Old 05-18-2012, 09:44 PM
blackflame
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did notice a rubber gasket that seemed out of place under the headlight and look like it was between the fairing?? Damn i need a manual..
Steve in Ct

Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Ride Ultra
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackflame
Steve in Ct
And while you're in there (if the bike is a few years old) just as well clean the inside of the lens, gets cloudy after a while. Alcohol or vinegar on an old white sock, twirl with with an "L" shaped tool. I "carefully" used a large allen wrench, and was mindful not to scratch the inside of the lens. Worked wonders for night vision and just plain looks better. For what it's worth...