Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Pro Tuner question #2

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 04:54 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts
Default SE Pro Tuner question #2

How do I retrieve & save the existing config on the ECM via the SE Pro Tuner? I had my bike dynoed and would like compare it to a few other maps, but don't want to lose the orignal dynotune map.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to connect the cables, VCI and laptop to your bike, then power up the bike. Once it shows connected, you should be able to go to your Toolbox and find an option to get data from VCI. You then can save it to your laptop, then save it to the thumb drive and carry with you. I'm going off memory... so might be I might be off slightly.

If you can't find it, got to the ECM section, there is a sticky for the Pro Tuner and folks will help.

If I had was near my laptop witht he program installed, I'd know, but at work now...

Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

If it is that easy then why don't more people share their adjusted/tuned maps? This would make it easier for someone who is doing the smart tune to start with a closer map then the canned maps. Have asked in several places, but only received one but it was for the SE255 cams. I know I am not the only person who running what I have.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:40 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Grillfish
You should be able to connect the cables, VCI and laptop to your bike, then power up the bike. Once it shows connected, you should be able to go to your Toolbox and find an option to get data from VCI. You then can save it to your laptop, then save it to the thumb drive and carry with you. I'm going off memory... so might be I might be off slightly.

If you can't find it, got to the ECM section, there is a sticky for the Pro Tuner and folks will help.

If I had was near my laptop witht he program installed, I'd know, but at work now...
It worked..sorta. The problem now is that the file I downloaded from the VCI seems to be corrupted and I get a major fault error. Of course there isn't any tech support for the SE tuner. FYI, I am a Visual Basic programmer so it isn't user error...lol.

Attached Thumbnails SE Pro Tuner question #2-vci_error.jpg  

Last edited by aviscomi; 05-18-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:47 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
It worked..sorta. The problem now is that the file I downloaded from the VCI seems to be corrupted and I get a major fault error. Of course there isn't any tech support for the SE tuner. FYI, I am a Visual Basic programmer so it isn't user error...lol.
Mine had same error. Closing it out and restarting was the only solution.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
Tons of tech support for the SE tuner, but you gotta pay for it. The SE tuner isn't very end user friendly is it? I will not have my bike tuned again using the SE. I'm gonna suck it up and get the newest TTS when I have the need to get retuned, "sigh" more money more money!

Old 05-18-2012, 02:02 PM
FirstHarley2011
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
If it is that easy then why don't more people share their adjusted/tuned maps? This would make it easier for someone who is doing the smart tune to start with a closer map then the canned maps. Have asked in several places, but only received one but it was for the SE255 cams. I know I am not the only person who running what I have.
I am sure it has something to do with the fact that most with a SEST paid a lot of money to get them tuned. That being said, I have dyno'ed my bike twice (once for HP and once for mileage) and would be willing to share the maps with anyone that would share theirs. I would like to have a stock map, my orginal map seems to have been misplaced.

2011 Limited, SEST, Stage 2 (SE255), V&H header and monster ovals

Last edited by FirstHarley2011; 05-18-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:02 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by RK09RK
Mine had same error. Closing it out and restarting was the only solution.
Tried that and got the same error.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:39 AM
racklefratz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qtrracer
The SE tuner isn't very end user friendly is it? I will not have my bike tuned again using the SE. I'm gonna suck it up and get the newest TTS when I have the need to get retuned, "sigh" more money more money!
I'm equally unimpressed with how obscure HD has chosen to make using SE tuners for those of us without access to professional training. I do see all the TTS accolades here, so there must be something to it. But, as with the SE tuners, TTS too seems to be very technocentric and anything but intuitive. When I go to Mastertune's web site to try to understand how their product works, I see on their "VTune" description page the following:

VTune requires use of a TTS MT7 calibration and a VTune DM3 data recording and combines the two generating a new MT7 calibration file with an optimized VE Table.

I *assume* that, if I dropped cash to buy the thing, I'd be using their "VTune" software, because they don't even say that much - they only try to say what it does. But they do a poor job - what the hell is an "MT7 calibration"? Why can't they explain what "DM3 data recording" is? Tossing techno-babble like that at a prospective customer does not exactly make me think "Man, I gotta' have one 'o them 'ere thangs".

One would think Mastertune would have some appreciation of the importance of first impressions, but, to an outsider looking in, out of the box, TTS seems to be about as obscure to the non-professional wrench as the HD tuners are. Their "FAQs" don't leave me with warm fuzzies, either.

Last edited by racklefratz; 05-19-2012 at 09:48 AM.