Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers for non-vented lower fairings

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Sarge4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers for non-vented lower fairings

I have a pair of non-vented lowers that may or may not accept the various speakers available for "vented only fairings" (so they say). Such as- J&M, Hogtunes, and Rivera Primo to name a few. Does anyone know why these speaker kits say they only work on vented lower fairings, not non-vented fairings? I have hard time believing they wouldn't work, but I also don't want to spend the $$$, cut into my lowers to find out I'm screwed. Any recommendations/experience I would appreciate it!

Old 05-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge4
I have a pair of non-vented lowers that may or may not accept the various speakers available for "vented only fairings" (so they say). Such as- J&M, Hogtunes, and Rivera Primo to name a few. Does anyone know why these speaker kits say they only work on vented lower fairings, not non-vented fairings? I have hard time believing they wouldn't work, but I also don't want to spend the $$$, cut into my lowers to find out I'm screwed. Any recommendations/experience I would appreciate it!
Have you asked the vendors why they say their stuff won't work with non-vented lowers? Seems like they would be in the best position to answer your question.

From what I know, in the case of the J&M's, they replace the glove boxes in the vented lowers; the fact that the non-vented lowers' glove boxes are shaped and attached differently is the reason for the "no fit." The HT's retain the glove box of the vented lowers and simply replace the glove box flap with the speaker adapter for mounting. Presumably, the non-vented flaps are different and not compatible with the adapters for mounting speakers.

But don't necessarilly rely on replies here, contact the vendors and ask them.

I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you a product that will work for your application.

Carl

Old 05-18-2012, 09:21 AM
galtjunk
Stellar HDF Member
Received 289 Likes on 155 Posts

I bought a set of hog tunes that fit my non vented lowers.

Old 06-19-2020, 12:44 PM
Sean Greazy
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by galtjunk
I bought a set of hog tunes that fit my non vented lowers.
Sorry to revive an old thread, hope you can answer my question. I have an 02 Ultra Classic and I believe the lowers are non vented. I was just wondering what HogTunes speakers you were able to install? Was it the 7in woofer Kit? Thank you in advance.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:44 PM
sidewalkman
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean Greazy
Sorry to revive an old thread, hope you can answer my question. I have an 02 Ultra Classic and I believe the lowers are non vented. I was just wondering what HogTunes speakers you were able to install? Was it the 7in woofer Kit? Thank you in advance.
easy enough to tell if they are vented. Is there an opening at the bottom, most people pull out the door that opens and closes the vent