Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide turn signal/running lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 PM
fryeca
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Street Glide turn signal/running lights?

Is there a kit or a wire MOD to make your turn signals running lights also?

I'm covered pretty good withthe front of my bike for lights but the back just doesn't GLOW 'nuff.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:27 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: Street Glide turn signal/running lights?

Yes, HD # 69462-06, page 380 in the 07 accessories catalogue. I am not sure what your bike model is but these may fit.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

If I remember correctly you have to special order the kit for the SG's and they are actually for another HD. I'll try to see if I can find the part number. I posted it a while back when I did mine.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:40 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: soos

Yes, HD # 69462-06, page 380 in the 07 accessories catalogue. I am not sure what your bike model is but these may fit.
Your correct the Part number is 69462-06 I searched through all my post and found my original post on it. I think these are actually for a dyna glide or something, works great and I love the extra lighting on the rear.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:48 PM
jrudicel
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto that on the part number. I just bought this at my dealer a few days ago and put them on my SG. It cam with red lenses and the plug in module. Pop on the lenses and plug the module in under the seat. What a difference. The red glow of the running lights really glows at night.
My dealer also had the older version on clearance that only lit up when brakes were applied....no running light function. It was marked down to 39.95 where as the current model is like 54.00 ..
I couldnt decide on old version with clear lenses and red bulbs (seen that on a blue SG while there)...or the new version with red lenses. Then there was the thought about smoke lenses etc.... Too many choices.
I went with the new one and red lenses for now so all lighting in rear is red. Now I just need to get the chrome bezel deuce style lenses. Been nice to get bezels with the kit, but that would be too easy and cheaper.! lol

Old 01-05-2007, 09:02 PM
310Pilot
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the "standard" touring Run-Turn-Brake kit on my E-Glide (P/N 69461-06) within a day or two of my dealer receiving their first shipment of them last summer. This is the one that includes two red "flat" lenses, you'll probably need the other kit (for the differentlenses) for your Street Glide. It is a super-simple installation: remove the seat, unplug the electrical connector under it for the tail light wiring, plug each side of the harness into the new module, then replace the amber rear turn signal lens with the red lens. It is a tremendous improvement in visibility of the bike, operates the stock single filament bulbs on a lower voltage for running lights at all times, brings them up to full brightness for brake lights and for flashing as turn signals. I highly recommend it.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:38 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BadX

Your correct the Part number is 69462-06 I searched through all my post and found my original post on it. I think these are actually for a dyna glide or something, works great and I love the extra lighting on the rear.
To the best of my knoweledge, the plug-in unit itself is the same for all models from the sporty to the touring bikes. The difference is the lens. Why you have to go looking for the bullet style lens kit in the dyna section for a touring model bike is ridiculous. They should have both kits listed in the touring section. Not all tourers have the pancake lenses.

I have the old version that just converts to brake lights with no running application.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:11 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

To the best of my knoweledge, the plug-in unit itself is the same for all models from the sporty to the touring bikes. The difference is the lens. Why you have to go looking for the bullet style lens kit in the dyna section for a touring model bike is ridiculous. They should have both kits listed in the touring section. Not all tourers have the pancake lenses.

I have the old version that just converts to brake lights with no running application.
Ridiculous?...I am just passing along the information my dealer gave me. The parts guy said turning the rear turn signals into running lights on a SG isn't DOT approved because they are so close to the tail light and they are supposed to be spaced out further. But you are correct the Sportsters have a differant module and all the others are the same.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:26 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member

Relax, I didn't mean you personally when I said "Why you have to go looking for the bullet style lens kit in the dyna section for a touring model bike is ridiculous." I meant why should anyone have to look inthe dyna section for a part that goes to a touring bike, it should be in the section that cover their bike.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

If I remember correctly you have to special order the kit for the SG's and they are actually for another HD. I'll try to see if I can find the part number. I posted it a while back when I did mine.
That's correct. You have to get the kit that is for the dyna's

Quick Reply: Street Glide turn signal/running lights?