Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moment of Truth I've Gotta Sell Her

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 03:14 AM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Moment of Truth I've Gotta Sell Her

Student loans is the way to go. Life is too short, enjoy it while you can. If you going to sell it, you better let him know that he better ace all the classes and not decide that college is not for him later in the semester or two . As far as test rides; you should ask him for cash up front as security. That will prevent from stealing and security if he has an accident on it.

Good luck

Old 01-07-2007, 03:48 AM
gilbertb11
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous bike. Now this is just an idea but, how about a loan secured by the bike. That way you both win. Just a thought. Or as mentioned before, student loan is the lowest rate available for loans. It's a natural part of life. I had to get a loan to pay for undergrad and another to pay for law school. The rate is low and I have the privilege of saying I paid my way through school. As for the bike, again as said before, this is the only life you get to live. Enjoy it. Keep the bike if you really want to. Good luck man.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:03 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mchacon

Brothers and Sisters, I had feared the day would come and it has. My son will be going to College this summer and I'll need to pay for that first year. Since my assets are slim my beloved '05 Road King Classic must go.

I'm writing for some suggestions. First off is price. She has 7k miles on her and has been babied, garaged, and kept impeccably clean. A real head turner with chromed out front end bullet lights, Wild Ones handle bars, chrome controls, V&H True Duals and Ovals, Corbin Solo Seat, lowered rear, and a whole lotta other extras as you can see in the foto.

1) So what do you all suggest for price in Southern California?

2) My second question is a little more complex. 25 years ago my bro and I shared a Honda 750. When we put it up for sale, the first
guy who took it on a test drive never came back. Although he left an ID he nor the bike were ever found. How do I avoid this?
What is a standard practice for interested buyers and the tricky test drive?

Your wise input would be greatly appreciated.

M.

Don't do it, You'll regret it down the road, In the cage you'll be in...

My Nephew went to CC and has a Computer Science degree, and Bachelors..
Paid all loans off in two years... Has Job making big bucks...

Never attended collage myself, But I am an ASE Certified Master Auto Technician, and
When your able to afford a Harley that nice, You've Worked for it...

[IMG]local://upfiles/11910/FDCA3FDA6A304E0C8D5A27C8925C2FA0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-07-2007, 07:40 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Education is overrated, keep the bike(wait, did I spell overrated right? Maybe I shoulda gotten an edumacation)