Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moment of Truth I've Gotta Sell Her

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:00 PM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Moment of Truth I've Gotta Sell Her

Keep the bike, you'll be miserable without it. I like the community college idea. 2 years there will save more than what the bike would bring.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

A Friend had three kids go to college. They all got student loans and he managed to keep his name off of all of them.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

You've always been a stand-up guy on this forum and I hope you find the best offer for the bike. I've always admired it and if I was in the market would be asking you for your phone #. You're a class guy for taking care of the kid. If things got tough here at home I know in my heart that I'd do the same for my kids.

Good luck with the sale and thanks for being a great father.

Best.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet RK ! Sold my '04 FLHRI for $13900 not too long ago with similar add ons.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:15 AM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with the idea for him to pay his own way, reason, I have 2 daughters, when they decided they wanted to go to collage, we said, apply for loans, grants, etc, I also told them WHY i wasn't going to pay for all their collage, they would go to collage meet some stud, get married, have kids, and I would have paid for a highly educated "mommie" no way! If he REALLY wants to go to collage, he'll find a way to do it, community colleges are great, you get out of what you put into. Oh, and i REALLY DO ADMIRE you for being willing to sacrifice your bike for him, What if he went, then dropped out? NOT GOOD, your out your bike for what.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:05 PM
01Ultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try to keep the bike. My wife and I paid forour daughter to go to a technical college just after she graduated from high school and she decide she would drop her classes or not do the work required to pass. My wife and I did this two times..... Finally told her if anyone was going to throw money away it would be us. Now some 6 years later she has decided to go back to school. This time we told her that if she shows us passing grade we would help her with the cost of books and tuition. I can't tell you how proud I'm of her. She is working a full time job and going to school passing her classes with A's, B's and a couple of C's. It is hard I know,but guess what ....she is doing it on her own no husband to help either.She told us that since she is having to pay for it that she is trying harder. She has applied for loans and grants........We all do what we can to help our children , but sometimes are we really helping them life is not so easy........GOOD LUCK with your decision.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:43 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

School loans are dirt cheap and they don't have to be re-payed until a short time after you graduate. The student will perform better, and learn some valuable life lessons if they apply for and manage the school loans on their own. You have done well to teach and prepare your child for college. If you are feeling frisky, you can pay off the loan AFTER he/she graduates. The loss you take on your bike will be large compared to the small intersest payed on the school loan

Old 01-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mchacon, one of my sons really likes the looks of your bike. Do you have any other pics?

BTW, I agree with what others have written. Better for the student if he pays his way and supplements it with school loans in his name. Heavy emphasis on the working part and less on the borrowing part.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

no offense but quit coddlin him...tell him to get a job...keep the bike....i had to work for things early in life as did many of my now very successful friends....it'll make an independant man out of him

please dont take any offense....cause none meant....youre bike is gorgeous, i'd love to own it

Old 01-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Keep the bike! Can you say Community College? I started in a community college and put myself through many years of college and universities with no help from my parents. Today people call me Doctor. A person has to start fending for themselves at some point.

Quick Reply: Moment of Truth I've Gotta Sell Her