Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armed bike riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007 | 11:28 PM
ZookHD
Tourer
Default RE: Armed bike riding

ORIGINAL: Grover

The courts have decided the government has no responsibility or obligation to protect the citizens.

If it takes 45 minutes for the cops to respond to your hour house and an intruder has enter and (CENSORED) your wife or son or daughter. You canot sue because they took too long.

If you are in a McDonalds in San Diego and an idiot opens fire, the cops have no obligation to be there and stop him before anyone gets hurt.

You can walk around as a victim in waiting. I choose to carry a firearm 24/7. Thank you for being a decoy so I can assume a defensive position and save my *** while yours gets handed to you.
Take your medication and stop listening to the voices!

Old 01-07-2007 | 12:11 AM
SiLlY
Road Warrior

Great article! I'm glad I continued to read through and catch it. I almost abandoned the thread once the tree huggers (<- metaphor) chimed in.

Someone mentioned earlier, carrying where you normally carry due to memory. I agree with that but in my case it's way to uncomfortable. On the scoot I wear an ankle rig w/ a S&W snub 357. Model-60 I think.

Old 01-07-2007 | 12:41 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned

while i dont carry(probly should as much as i stir things up)....i do realize as good as our cops are, they are a reactionary force....if something bad was to happen, you better be able to handle your own situations cause the police probly aint gonna be there til after...i like to fight...i was very good at it as a younger man...i over compensate with the nice when in public and rarely ever have a problem....bc i dont arrest folks, i dont feel the need to carry...bc i can fight and have an aggressive nature, most bad guys pass me by cause they know there's gonna be an easier mark than a big, crusty, redneck biker who grins like a fool at trouble

Old 01-07-2007 | 01:02 AM
nightglide
Road Master

ORIGINAL: ZookHD

ORIGINAL: Grover

The courts have decided the government has no responsibility or obligation to protect the citizens.

If it takes 45 minutes for the cops to respond to your hour house and an intruder has enter and (CENSORED) your wife or son or daughter. You canot sue because they took too long.

If you are in a McDonalds in San Diego and an idiot opens fire, the cops have no obligation to be there and stop him before anyone gets hurt.

You can walk around as a victim in waiting. I choose to carry a firearm 24/7. Thank you for being a decoy so I can assume a defensive position and save my *** while yours gets handed to you.
Take your medication and stop listening to the voices!
[sm=violent053.gif]Lol.

Old 01-07-2007 | 01:18 AM
Newhog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: geargrinder

Our state just initiated the CWP law so I suppose I should get legal. Last time I went target practicing, well, I'm afraid if I ever had to use it on the bike I'd hit the gas tank.
Not to highjack this thread...but we need to see a picture of your turbo charged bike???

Old 01-07-2007 | 01:27 AM
Newhog
Road Captain

If youre not a LEO, I just do not see the nead to carry concealed. If youre doing it because you always do everywhere all the time that's one thing for whatever reason.

If youre doing it to be part of some biker image, or if youre trying to intimidate the cage drivers then you need to carry it on your hip in plain site and it needs to be noticeable...like nickle plated, or pearl handles, etc. Better yet do like the bad guys and wear it in a shoulder holster with a shirt in color that makes it easy to see. This I've thought about doing for that very reason...so the cage drivers can see it.

IMHO

Old 01-07-2007 | 01:59 AM
Neil
Road Captain

Lets not jump down anybody's throat just because they don't carry and don't understand why some do. The LEO's of this group are here to protect those people's right to have that opinion. Don't carry if you don't want. I do because sometimes my job places me in situations with people that don't like me because of the uniform I wear. They don't follow rules and regulations etc... The famous expression goes "There is never a cop around when you need one". Well now there may be one there when you least expect it!

Neil

Old 01-07-2007 | 02:01 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
From: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

ORIGINAL: Newhog

If youre not a LEO, I just do not see the nead to carry concealed. If youre doing it because you always do everywhere all the time that's one thing for whatever reason.

If youre doing it to be part of some biker image, or if youre trying to intimidate the cage drivers then you need to carry it on your hip in plain site and it needs to be noticeable...like nickle plated, or pearl handles, etc. Better yet do like the bad guys and wear it in a shoulder holster with a shirt in color that makes it easy to see. This I've thought about doing for that very reason...so the cage drivers can see it.

IMHO
I don't think you should be carrying....

Old 01-07-2007 | 02:08 AM
Bill G
Road Captain

( Quotes like the one below makesme wonder )

(Quote by Newhog)

( It takes all kinds)

I can tell by some of these responses some people do not understand the law concerning fire arms much less the laws concerning CCW carry and lethal forcefor that fact. No one should ever know or be able to tellwhen someone carrys concealed.

Itbest not have anything to do with any biker image. A person that carries legal for the right reasons understands the responsability and the laws concerning that responsability and would never brandish a weapon to proove a point much less point one at someone in a car because they cut them off in traffic, that's a quick way to go to jail.

You can only present your hand gun if you or someone elses life isbeing threatened or in immidiate danger from someone else.... Period...other than that it better stay concealed. The Leos on this forum already know all thelethal force laws, some or mostcitizens do not.

Bill G

Old 01-07-2007 | 04:10 AM
Newhog
Road Captain

I think you misundestand me or I've misrepresented myself. I agree with all of the above. And for the very reasons you've stated MOST People have no business carrying...they simply don't have the training. By the way, I do which is why I feel this way.

Simply put, you should never draw unless you intend to shoot...you should never shoot unless you intend to KILL. That's a huge responsibility, most don't have the discreation to make that decsion in a split second.

Quick Reply: Armed bike riding