Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armed bike riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007 | 07:35 PM
Bigredone
Road Master
Default RE: Armed bike riding

Shoot em lowand finish em off with a bayonet!

Old 01-06-2007 | 07:47 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

First let me state that I am not trying to make enemies withany ofour LEO brothers on this forum. Heck, without them this world would be in total chaos. I appreciate that they are there for us but here's my point; does a carpenter carry his hammer around with him after working hours or does a soldier carry his M-16 around when he is on leave etc? The answer is obviously no. Well then, why should a LEO or the average Joe carry when riding his bike while off duty?
I guess one could make the argumentfor Leo's that they are always ready to protect and serve although I don't agree with that argument because I feel that when they are off duty other onduty officers are stepping in for them. I don't think there is any viable argument that could be made fornon-Leo's.

Anotherthing I would like to address; someone tried to make a lame anology between a spare tire and a weapon. Dah! Just in case they didn't know a weapon can injure or kill a spare tire can't! And furthermore, I don't think any of us keep a spare tire on our bikes.

Old 01-06-2007 | 08:01 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

All I can say is dude you got it all wrong..... A Leo can run into someone that they have arrested at anytime when out by himself or with his family. That criminal may have a beef with that officer as you would say Dah! That is why off duty officers carry plus other reasons I will not go into. Also law abiding citizens if trained should have the same right. Crimals are not picky, it could be you at anytime.

Guys like you just do not get it.

Bill G

ORIGINAL: Streetrunner

First let me state that I am not trying to make enemies withany ofour LEO brothers on this forum. Heck, without them this world would be in total chaos. I appreciate that they are there for us but here's my point; does a carpenter carry his hammer around with him after working hours or does a soldier carry his M-16 around when he is on leave etc? The answer is obviously no. Well then, why should a LEO or the average Joe carry when riding his bike while off duty?
I guess one could make the argumentfor Leo's that they are always ready to protect and serve although I don't agree with that argument because I feel that when they are off duty other onduty officers are stepping in for them. I don't think there is any viable argument that could be made fornon-Leo's.

Anotherthing I would like to address; someone tried to make a lame anology between a spare tire and a weapon. Dah! Just in case they didn't know a weapon can injure or kill a spare tire can't! And furthermore, I don't think any of us keep a spare tire on our bikes.

Old 01-06-2007 | 08:05 PM
Bigredone
Road Master

Typical response from a non-law enforcement person. We wouldn't expect you to understand. If you are ever inan establishment when the Sh*t goes down, you better hope an armed off duty cop is there save your hide!

Old 01-06-2007 | 08:49 PM
BaggerSam
Cruiser

Well I got to put my two cent in this. I was in a store one time and a armed robber entered and robbed the store. Fortunate for me, he took the money from the cashier and left.I wasn't carrying my off-duty that day. Just think what would've happened if it ended differently. I said from that day on that I would always carry off-duty. Unfortunately we live in a world where everyone isn't law abiding citizens. You have an element out there thatwant things and don't want to earn them including motorcycles. Remember we ride bikes that are worth tens of thousands of dollars. Not everyone can afford them and would rather take from someone else. I carry to protect myself and to protect others. President Bush made that possible when he signed a bill into law stating thatpolice officers can carry their weapons any where in the country both active and retired. So any given dayAmerica will have thousands of police officers both on-duty and off-duty on the street protecting its citizens.

Old 01-06-2007 | 08:54 PM
Bigredone
Road Master

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=exactly.gif]

Old 01-06-2007 | 09:18 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

I as a law abiding citizen respect and thank all of you guys including all the retiredofficers for your sevice to the community.

Thank you,
Bill G

ORIGINAL: BaggerSam

Well I got to put my two cent in this. I was in a store one time and a armed robber entered and robbed the store. Fortunate for me, he took the money from the cashier and left.I wasn't carrying my off-duty that day. Just think what would've happened if it ended differently. I said from that day on that I would always carry off-duty. Unfortunately we live in a world where everyone isn't law abiding citizens. You have an element out there thatwant things and don't want to earn them including motorcycles. Remember we ride bikes that are worth tens of thousands of dollars. Not everyone can afford them and would rather take from someone else. I carry to protect myself and to protect others. President Bush made that possible when he signed a bill into law stating thatpolice officers can carry their weapons any where in the country both active and retired. So any given dayAmerica will have thousands of police officers both on-duty and off-duty on the street protecting its citizens.

Old 01-06-2007 | 09:30 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member

I carry off-duty almost always. Not only becauseI can, but because our policy REQUIRES it. Everybody shops in Wal-Mart, including bad-guys. I've lost count of the times I have seen somebody at Wal-Mart or in another public place thatI have previously arrested.

There is a large criminal element out there, be glad you are surrounded by trained, dedicated, armed, off-duty officers. And trained armed civilians for that matter.

Old 01-06-2007 | 10:49 PM
ZookHD
Tourer

I only carry when I'm on duty or in Texas (I think it's a misdeamenor NOT to carry a gun in Texas). The rest of the time my freakishly large member get's me through

Old 01-06-2007 | 11:25 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Marine Corp

The courts have decided the government has no responsibility or obligation to protect the citizens.

If it takes 45 minutes for the cops to respond to your hour house and an intruder has enter and (CENSORED) your wife or son or daughter. You canot sue because they took too long.

If you are in a McDonalds in San Diego and an idiot opens fire, the cops have no obligation to be there and stop him before anyone gets hurt.

You can walk around as a victim in waiting. I choose to carry a firearm 24/7. Thank you for being a decoy so I can assume a defensive position and save my *** while yours gets handed to you.

Quick Reply: Armed bike riding