Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armed bike riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007 | 01:01 PM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
From: Southern California High Desert, here and there....
Default RE: Armed bike riding

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog..........until the wolf shows up.

http://www.pgpft.com/On_Sheep_Wolves...s-Grossman.htm

Old 01-06-2007 | 01:26 PM
redhwk44
Road Master

Good article Eye. I had to put that site in my Favs.

Old 01-06-2007 | 01:29 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

Great point, awsome article for the guy from South Jerseyto read that did not understand why people carry concealedon there bike and thought they were paranoid or insecure and made upthe minority of bikers out there. It is not insecurity as he thinks, it is living prepaired for the worst. You never know the hour or the time that a criminal will try somthing in the good ol USA or anywhere else for that fact. If we could predict it ahead of time then we would just stay homethat day. I bet if somthing happens to him or his family at that moment in time when the wolf shows up he will want the sheep dog to be there with.....Guess what a GUN imagine that...................... Most people like that think it could never happen to them, I personaly know acouple that thought that way and it did happen...they survived,now they think a little diffrent.. and Guess what? they have ccw permitsandcarry now. Thank God for all the great Policemanin this country (Thank you from the bottom of my heart) but they can't be every where at the moment you need them when the wolf shows up.

You and only you can be prepaired for whenevil comes......

Take Care,
Bill G

ORIGINAL: Eyespy

Old 01-06-2007 | 01:35 PM
myzen
Road Captain

I tuck mine in the pants at 4 o'clock with a grip clip. It is very secure and and I don't even know it is there.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4817/88AE5D228ECC49CDACE483CAAF4B2C2A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-06-2007 | 02:24 PM
flakdog
Road Captain

Glock 19 or Walther PPK/S - I don't pack all the time, but when I do it is in a shoulder rig. I don't carry because of insecurities, I carry because of realities... And because I can.
FD

Old 01-06-2007 | 03:05 PM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Eyespy

all i can say is...WOW!!! what an excellent read. personally, i don't carry myself, but i find it comforting knowing that someone in my presence may be carrying legally.

Old 01-06-2007 | 03:15 PM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain

In reference to the article about Lt. Col. Grossman, I was lucky enough to be presentat two of his presentations while attending some LE conventions. Great speaker who makes way to much sense. We need many more like him...

As for me, when I moved down to Florida in '04 the first thing I did is get a CGP. Once I had it, and could carry a firearm concealed, I never did. Damned if I know why, just didn't. Now that I've moved back up to Wisconsin, I find that I can't legally carry concealed as Wisconsin is not one of the 23 states covered by the Florida permit. Wisconsin is one of two states left, Illionis is the other, that won't allow its citizens the right to carry concealed, at least thats what our local news media reported. Our worthless governor has vietoed a passed law twicethat would have allowed us to carry concealed.

And as for me going to my old SO and gettin trained/certified to carry concealed, the current sheriff is even a bigger *** then the governor so he won't allow any of the retired deputies to attend the certification shoots. So basically, if I carry concealed, even with over 25 years of LE experience, and I get stopped and found with a concealed firearm, my *** is grass.Ain't we lucky to be a livin here???[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]

Ride safe and carry a big gun, as he who has the biggest gun normally wins.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21506/8572944C3A5840D5BAF647091A070219.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-06-2007 | 03:40 PM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
From: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

ORIGINAL: Lil Truckr

So basically, if I carry concealed, even with over 25 years of LE experience, and I get stopped and found with a concealed firearm, my *** is grass.Ain't we lucky to be a livin here???[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]
Ridiculous. Time to move. It is astonishing that one has to think about where to live just to be able to exercise their Constitutionally protected 2A rights. But unfortunately, that is how it is. One of the reasons I choose the county/locale where I live, is that 2A rights are respected here, and California has one of the MOST permissive CCW laws in the country.

Old 01-06-2007 | 04:07 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: tinknocker_02

Just curios ...do you plan on needing it while riding?
Yep criminals do not care what you mode of transportation is.

Old 01-06-2007 | 07:06 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member

I had a training officer explain it best when asked about off duty carry. He said "you have to remember hundreds of faces the bad guy only has to remember ONE!!!!"

Quick Reply: Armed bike riding