Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armed bike riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007 | 03:04 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
From: Southern California High Desert, here and there....
Default RE: Armed bike riding

Hey, you ever keep a spare tire in your car? If so, are you that insecure or paranoid?

Old 01-06-2007 | 03:23 AM
ClassicCruiser18
Cruiser

[align=left]I Carry my Glock 27 at all times on my right hip in a Desantis thumbreak pancake holster when off duty. A G23 on duty same hip carry.
[/align]

Old 01-06-2007 | 03:42 AM
apco25guy
|
Cruiser

My normal carry position is in my 0701 attached to my belt on the right side. I will carry either the Glock 37 (.45 GAP) or my Glock 23. I do prefer the double retention like the duty holsters. I LOVE my 070 so the 0701 is the concelment paired holster. I agree... where/how you train, is critical to be ready. And as someone else said, first 'get out of the situation'... roll on the throttle and get going. But as most of you know, there sometimes will be a time when its time to 'engage'. Thats why I carry. I WILL protect my family, friends, loved ones.

Its great to know there are a lot of us who carry. I think its so important to do so if you feel like you want to. God Bless the USA and the right to bear arms!!!!

Wasn't aware there were so many LEOs here... (for a pro LEO place to chat, visit TheBlackHole.us as in my signature).

Old 01-06-2007 | 04:16 AM
lenrough
Road Master

ORIGINAL: fryeca

If I remember correctly firing a gun from a moving vehicle is a felony...
If while in motion it becomes necessary to use my weapon, I doubt I'mgoing to stop, dismount, and then shoot-to ensureI was not committing a felony. Totake better aim, absolutely, butto preclude committing a felony... no way.

Old 01-06-2007 | 09:35 AM
geargrinder
Road Master

Since I'vetried to keep my mouth shut, haven'tneeded mine as much, bike's turbocomes in handy once and awhile..

Old 01-06-2007 | 10:11 AM
Crusing
Road Captain

When your CCW instructor, who is a 30 year LEO and LEO range instructor, advises his classes to carry ALL the time where legal, it is not without a good reason. I have never needed my weapon during the past 10 years I have had my permit and I sure hope I never do, but the CCW laws are there for a reason. As Clint would say: “Do you feel lucky?”

Old 01-06-2007 | 11:33 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior

Just curios ...do you plan on needing it while riding?

Old 01-06-2007 | 11:34 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior

I usually keep my gun firmly mounted between my thighs.

Old 01-06-2007 | 11:35 AM
evhid1
Cruiser

Glock 22 , right side holster. Use to carry 2 extra high capcity mags too, but finally decided if I needed that much ammo I was waaaaaay under trained and most likely out gunned. So I beefed up my motor to 101HP and 117TQ to get the hell out of there.............LOL [sm=biker.gif]

Old 01-06-2007 | 12:47 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Interestin' comments from the Canucks an' others that are afeered of guns...

Fellers, it's as others have observed - most of us carry spare tires in our cages. It ain't about macho, bad-*** biker image, paranoia, or nuthin' else other than being prepared. Ah've carried since a young'un. Walkin' in the pastures/fields from the age of 12, ah've had a gun either in mah hands or on mah hip. Nuthin' taprove out thar - but once in a while you'd come across snakes - an' rabid varmints were always a real possibility. Started drivin', mah Dad make sure thar wuz at least a .22 in the truck or car - again, jest a cheap form of insurance against varmints of any kind. Since then, ah've continued ta carry - an' in that time, ah've had 2 instances in which NOT havin' the gun would've resulted in serious injury/death to mahself or others with me. NEITHER of those instances were of mah makin'. Also durin' that time ah've had mah *** handed to me twice in straight-up fist fights. Never even CONSIDERED pullin' that gun out.

So, folks what don't carry tend not ta really comprehend those of us that DO so responsibly - kinda like them folks that lump ALL bikers together. We hate that, right? Ah see many of ya'll bemoanin' the 'tudes you encounter that are caused by folks that ASSUME "we're all alike". Man - sure seems ta me lahk ya'll are quick ta do the same ta US.

Damn - sorry - didn't mean ta git all mouthy here....it's jest that ah'm constantly amazed that folks in potentially endangered hobbies (thar's a TON of "Joe Citizens" out thar that'd LOVE ta see m/c outlawed) not realize that by standing back an' doin' nuthin' ta understand others that enjoy a legal pasttime, they're endangerin' their OWN futures.

Quick Reply: Armed bike riding