Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armed bike riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007 | 10:23 PM
BaggerSam
Cruiser
Default RE: Armed bike riding

In the summer time I carry a fanny pack for my Glock 26, one 15 round mag, and a 17 round mag from my Glock 17. The rounds are Federal 9mm +P+ Ammunition. The Glock 26 is my off-duty. In the winter time I carry my Glock 17 in a shoulder rig under a jacket. I am getting the leather vest with the holster on the inside for the summer.

Old 01-05-2007 | 10:40 PM
Faulkner
Road Captain

When riding I carry either a Colt Model M or a Walther PPK/S in a boot holster. When riding I'm not looking for trouble, I just want something that'll help me get out of trouble should the need arise.

Old 01-05-2007 | 10:49 PM
Bigredone
Road Master

Glock 39, 45 GAP here. Carry it in the most handy on me, depending what I'm wearing and where I'm going.

Old 01-05-2007 | 10:59 PM
propkillr
Intermediate

since we appear to be well versed in our rights to bare arm, please let me remind you to qiuckly and prudently make love to the earth worm in the proper maner when the nice police officer sees your added equipment and politely askes you to drop! thank you a south carolina deputy...

Old 01-05-2007 | 11:00 PM
buscop
Intermediate

[blockquote]From what I've read so far I'm really surprised that Colt or Smith-Wesson hasn't come out with a "Harley-Davidson" model like Ford has.......would sell like hot cakes??

BTW.....Got 'em, know how to use them...but can't carry them....YET.[8D]

[/blockquote]

Old 01-06-2007 | 12:04 AM
BaggerSam
Cruiser

I am with you brother on that one. The same goes for Washington, D.C. When I get pulled over the first thing I do is tell the officer that I am a Police Officer and have my duty weapon with me. Then I listen very carefully to what he says. I would expect the same respect in return.

Old 01-06-2007 | 12:37 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

I've got a 30 mm GAU-8A strapped to my bike. If any A-10 jockeys here, you know I'm packing. 'Course, everytime I fire the thing the bike goes backwards and I fall off.

Old 01-06-2007 | 01:16 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

I carry in a shoulder holster or a vest with built ins. I agree with the man who said an m60 was gun of choice but at 5'9" sitting on my Ultra it is real hard to hide.

Old 01-06-2007 | 02:08 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow, are all you guys really that insecure and paranoid that you have to carry a gun when you ride? To say you carry "just in case" sounds like a weak excuse to me. I grew up on the streets of South Philly where the so called Mafia supposedly don't exist. Yeah, there were plenty of knives, chains and tire ironsduring my younger years but thosetimes are over. I've grown up. I've been riding for 40 years and have never had the need to defend myself with a gun. Furthermore I have never witnessed a situation where a cyclist needed a gun for any reason.
I have a feeling cyclists that carry are in the minority.
I know you guys are my fellow brothers but I just had to voice my opinion so don't flame me to bad.
You may be thinking that I am anti-gun legislation but you would be wrong. I just don't think it's smart to ride your harley with a piece staped to your side. God forbid you go down and land on it. Serious damage can be caused to say the least.
Most of you have never drawn your weapon and you hopfully never will so why carry it in the first place? Maybe to feel tough or to mask an insecurity? Only you can answer that.

Old 01-06-2007 | 03:02 AM
dmlong
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Streetrunner

Wow, are all you guys really that insecure and paranoid that you have to carry a gun when you ride? To say you carry "just in case" sounds like a weak excuse to me. I grew up on the streets of South Philly where the so called Mafia supposedly don't exist. Yeah, there were plenty of knives, chains and tire ironsduring my younger years but thosetimes are over. I've grown up. I've been riding for 40 years and have never had the need to defend myself with a gun. Furthermore I have never witnessed a situation where a cyclist needed a gun for any reason.
I have a feeling cyclists that carry are in the minority.
I know you guys are my fellow brothers but I just had to voice my opinion so don't flame me to bad.
You may be thinking that I am anti-gun legislation but you would be wrong. I just don't think it's smart to ride your harley with a piece staped to your side. God forbid you go down and land on it. Serious damage can be caused to say the least.
Most of you have never drawn your weapon and you hopfully never will so why carry it in the first place? Maybe to feel tough or to mask an insecurity? Only you can answer that.
Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Quick Reply: Armed bike riding