Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armed bike riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007 | 05:51 PM
geargrinder
Road Master
Default RE: Armed bike riding

Our state just initiated the CWP law so I suppose I should get legal. Last time I went target practicing, well, I'm afraid if I ever had to use it on the bike I'd hit the gas tank.

Old 01-05-2007 | 05:59 PM
GermanyBert
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: fryeca

If I remember correctly firing a gun from a moving vehicle is a felony...
Damn!! Guess I will have to remove the M2 mount from the back of my Sporty! ****!

Old 01-05-2007 | 06:10 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

I have accwpermit also and feel the same way and never leave home without my Glock 23, Glock27 or my Officers size 1911 45 acp. I carry the same way as you with a good inside the waist holster. Normalty I do not care for fanny packs but I have a size small Galco gunpack that fits my Glock 27 perfect. I role the pack around on my left side when riding so I can reach it sort of like a cross draw set up if needed. I find this works well on the bike, it also allows me to ride without my jacket if I decide to do so. I also do the same thing when I bicycle ride.

Take care,
Bill G

ORIGINAL: apco25guy

Question......

I have my CCW permit (concealed carry weapons). I tend to carry on my right hip under my leather jacket. I'm curious to know if anyone else carries while riding and where do they keep it for best 'access' while on the bike. I hate that my gloves are on to begin with, then its under the jacket where its hard to get to anyway... but I don't leave home without my weapon either riding or not and just thought I would ask the group to see where other riders keep theirs...

Thanks!!

Old 01-05-2007 | 06:24 PM
Hogtoad
Cruiser

Well now that you brought this up , just exactly how difficult is it to get a CCW permit? Kalifornia.

Old 01-05-2007 | 06:24 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

Ifin my pants are on, Im packin, dont have to be on my motorsicle

Old 01-05-2007 | 07:08 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

I live in the conservative county of Kern, we like to think of our selves as a seperate little state stuck in California He He !!!! ( local joke) Our Sherriffs department belives in the second admendment and the right to carry here. If you meet the critera and take the trainingoure Sherriffwill normaly issue you one. For the most part in California it is impossible, oure county issues more than any other county in this State, mostcountys in Californiawill not. I like the weather and most of the state but I do not like the politics in this state.

Take care,
Bill G

ORIGINAL: Hogtoad

Well now that you brought this up , just exactly how difficult is it to get a CCW permit? Kalifornia.

Old 01-05-2007 | 07:14 PM
alazlo
Road Master

With almost 30 years as an LEO I can tell you that that you should always carry in the same place. When the $hit hits the fan and instinct kicks in your always gonna go to the same place for your gun. If you carry indifferentpositions it's gonna slow you down when you reach for it and it's not there. Never shot anyone but I can tell you from experience that if you get used to having it on your right hip, thats where your instinct will take you first.

I carry under the Federal HB that allows retired LEO to carry as long as they qualify with the agency they retired from once a year.
I carry a Seecamp Semi-autoin my right front pants pocket in a pocket holster most of the time. I have a five shot S&W chief that I carry on my right hip when I travel.

Old 01-05-2007 | 07:23 PM
redhwk44
Road Master

I normally carry a Colt Det. Special with a Barami Hip Grip( http://www.baramihipgrip.com/gripmodels.html)on the right side. It fits inside the waistband but does not require a holtser. On the rare times you find me without it I will have a Colt Off. .45 in the small of my back.

Old 01-05-2007 | 07:55 PM
RK#1
Advanced

OH SH*T im glad I live in canada! we settle things with a good browl ,and then go back to drinking that good ol canadian beer.

Old 01-05-2007 | 08:04 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member

Para Ordinance .45 ACP Stealth Carry, Bianchi #100 Holster.

Quick Reply: Armed bike riding