Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armed bike riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007 | 08:21 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Armed bike riding

I just tuck it into my waistband at my right hip inside the pants and it stays put nicely with my belt snugged. There's no such thing as accessing and using a pistol while operating a m/c... You're in far more danger of crashing the bike and getting hurt thanwhatever threat someone might be to you while you're in motion. I carry nearly 100% of the time and this method is what works best for me. If I'm wearing a riding jacket it goes into that front slip pocket next to the zipper (sure seems like a natural place to put a pistol). Both my jackets have this same pocket in the same place so that's where it goes if not in my waistband.

Old 01-05-2007 | 08:32 AM
dlh62c
Advanced

Who was it that once said that carrying a gun may give you comfort, but it maynot make youcomfortable. Heaven forbid, if that thingshould go off if you crash. Ormaybe even break a few ribs or damage some internal organs should you go down. Heck, I worry aboutchecking my pockets to remove any pencils and pens before I climb on the bike. Sure don't want one of those to impale into my chest.

daryl

Old 01-05-2007 | 08:35 AM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Marine Corp

I have vests, one leather and one denim, made with a holster sewn on the inside. The pistol is carried in the holster on the left side and in the right inside pocket are two magazine pouches.

Theleather vestgoes over my leatherjacket in the winter time, the denim vest is worn in the summer time.

http://theconcealmentshop.com/vests.html

Here is a link to the place where I got my vests.

Great quality. The will do custom work if you want different colors of leather.

Old 01-05-2007 | 09:26 AM
Point Man
Cruiser

The only place logiocal place to secure your pistol from is the location that you practice drawing and shooting from (assuming you're practicing). In the unfortunate incident that you had to draw your pistol, it should be 2nd nature/muscle memory...Also remember to dress accordingly for whatever you're carrying. It's a bad idea to advertise that you're carrying, especially if you're out for a few cold ones in a bar. A quick way to have the local PD pull you CCW permit, depending on your laws..

A good dual retention holster is also a plus. Blackhawk Industries make great dual retention holsters.

Old 01-05-2007 | 09:38 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

I used to feel that I needed to be packing,might someday again the way our neck of the woods is becoming more crowded.The older I get the less hostile I feel.Of course the places that used to make me feel that way we do not frequent anymore.

Old 01-05-2007 | 10:44 AM
buscop
Intermediate

Well we just decided to stay in Canada and enjoy the mountains........[:-]

Old 01-05-2007 | 11:37 AM
coldmcrider
Cruiser

I usually carry on my stong side hip. Depending on my riding gear, I may transfer the gun from my IWB holster to the gun pocket in my leather jacket.

Old 01-05-2007 | 11:39 AM
chesterbud
Cruiser

I live in Canada too and am glad that this is a non issue here. I am a liscensed hand gun ownerbut our laws only permit the gun to be carried to a handgun range. The only change I would like to see in our laws is to allow hunting with a handgun.

Obviously the law doesn't prevent a few from packng heat but generally speaking you will not run across someone who decides they need a gun to fix someone who cut them off.

Old 01-05-2007 | 12:17 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: buscop

Well we just decided to stay in Canada and enjoy the mountains........[:-]
Didn't we just go through this?

Attention citizens of ALL countries. ALL Americans carry a firearm AT ALL TIMES. Juveniles will be armed with pellet guns or pepper spray. Please keep this in mind when visiting. Enjoy your stay, and the knowledge that you will not likeley be attacked by a terrorist due to the heavily armed populace.

Old 01-05-2007 | 12:29 PM
nightglide
Road Master

Never leave home with out my Glock 21c, thought about packing something lighter but I train with this one so I stay with what I am good at. carry it on the strong side hip along with the badge.

Quick Reply: Armed bike riding