Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Armed bike riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007 | 04:24 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Default RE: Armed bike riding

My apology to you. Sorry I misunderstood where you were coming from in your post, my falt.We are on the same page about the responibility it takes to carry a hand gun.

Take Care,
Bill G

ORIGINAL: Newhog

I think you misundestand me or I've misrepresented myself. I agree with all of the above. And for the very reasons you've stated MOST People have no business carrying...they simply don't have the training. By the way, I do which is why I feel this way.

Simply put, you should never draw unless you intend to shoot...you should never shoot unless you intend to KILL. That's a huge responsibility, most don't have the discreation to make that decsion in a split second.

Old 01-07-2007 | 04:35 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
From: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

ORIGINAL: Newhog

Simply put, you should never draw unless you intend to shoot...you should never shoot unless you intend to KILL.
I disagree. If I ever find myself in a situation where shooting is necessary, I should not shoot with the intent to KILL, but instead with the intent to STOP the threat.

Old 01-07-2007 | 09:22 AM
Fearless1
Tourer

I carry my 45 on my right hip in full view at all times, to many illegals here in southern AZ that are looking for a free ride and a 15,000 dollar motorcycle would be a good ride for them. I also carry wheather I'm on my bike or in the wifes car if anything was to happen to any of my famly and I wasen't carrying to stop it I could never forgive myself. Lets state it like this if it come to saving any one of my 6 kids or my wife from death and it meant me going to jail "no problem" it would be worth it to me! I moved to AZ 2 years ago and started carrying full time then and I have never even thought of pulling it out but rest assured if I had to I would pull it and use it to kill not to disable the threat, as soon as there dead there is no more threat!!! Astra 45 no safety and it holds 10 rounds with and extra 9 in the extra clip.

Old 01-07-2007 | 11:55 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Fearless1

I carry my 45 on my right hip in full view at all times, to many illegals here in southern AZ that are looking for a free ride and a 15,000 dollar motorcycle would be a good ride for them. I also carry wheather I'm on my bike or in the wifes car if anything was to happen to any of my famly and I wasen't carrying to stop it I could never forgive myself. Lets state it like this if it come to saving any one of my 6 kids or my wife from death and it meant me going to jail "no problem" it would be worth it to me! I moved to AZ 2 years ago and started carrying full time then and I have never even thought of pulling it out but rest assured if I had to I would pull it and use it to kill not to disable the threat, as soon as there dead there is no more threat!!! Astra 45 no safety and it holds 10 rounds with and extra 9 in the extra clip.
Guys like you carrying scare me. I am a strong advocate of the second amendment, and often run across armed citizens carrying legally. However, your "attitude and demeanor" don't bode well for future armed encounters.
1. Open carry at all times?Extreme, to say the least. Carry concealed and be aware of your surroundings.
2. "No Problem" going to jail? If you act lawfully, why would you go to jail?
3. I assume you don't have a CWP, because if you did, you were trained that the object of firing your weapon is to "disable the threat", not "KILL". Disabling the threat involves accurate shot placement in center mass, which willpossibleykill the threat, but thats not the mission. You're a lawsuit waiting to happen.
4. I'm pretty sure your Astra 45 has a safety, just not an external/manual one. The thingy with the "bullets" is a magazine....good luck to you.

Old 01-07-2007 | 12:01 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

i like my way the best for me, i have a 0% chance of shootin someone and goin to jail....glad there's LEO's carryin off duty, that means there's a good chance one of yall will be there in the remote possibility of a bad encounter....plus, my way has proven extremely effective for me as i have personally repossessed over 10000 cars alone in the DFW metro area

Old 01-07-2007 | 12:05 PM
Cache
Tourer

I love all the Rickies who feel the need to carry when they ride! LOSERS!

Of all the rides I've been on, never have I felt the need to carry a weapon!

I ride my bike as an enjoyment, not as a duty assignment! If I have to carry when I ride, then it's time to stop riding!

All you dummies talk about have secret pockets and this and that! LOSERS! Let's retro-fit all our garments with secret hidaways!

Prob. the same rickies that pack while drinkingat the bar!

I assume some of you dummies are cops. Nice job tellling everyone where you carry your weapon. Nice Off. survival skills! Losers!

I say, "Get a Life"!

Prob the same guys who carry while on the beach!

If and when I carry, none of you dummies need to know anything!

[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 01-07-2007 | 12:10 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Marine Corp

This is getting out of hand.

Say Goodnight!