Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detachable tour pak

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 09:00 PM
patriotmc
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detachable tour pak

I am getting a new Ultra Classic, trading in my RKC. I had the detachable leather tour pak on the King. The dealer said to go ahead and take it off (sell it) and use the detachable rack/hardware on my new bike. My question is the antennas... what is needed to make the detachable work with them? My service manager said HD doesn't make connectors, so it sounds like I'd have to cut wires and make my own connectors. I'd like the option of taking off the tour pak around town.. anyone done this before? What is involved?

Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 PM
WindowMan
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Detachable tour pak

A buddy said they put them on the lowers, that way you dont have to worry about them

Old 01-04-2007, 09:26 PM
norskehd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a 07 Electra Glide Classic in October - made the tour pack detachable and purchased a detachable passenger back rest - for days when I have a passenger but don't want to have the tour pack on. So - the dealer removed the antenna from the tour pack - mount is still onthe tour backand they put a stubbing flexible antenna than fits under the left side of the tour pack - radio still works great. Not mounted to the tour pack but some of the hardware under it. Would take a picture but it is stored for the winter.

Still have the stock exhaust and air cleaner. Will add a riders back rest in the spring.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:33 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It's prety involved because of all the tour-pac lights, antenna, etc.You need a relocation kit for the antennas and plugs for the wiring[sm=icon_blah.gif] I checked into having the Dealer do it, they wanted about $600 for parts and labor.That included all the detachable hardware too. Now that I've had the bike awhile, I don't think I would take it off even if I could. Nice place to put your helmet and stuff. If you have a passenger you'll have stuff.[sm=smiley20.gif]